Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android/IOS, ARGH, what is going on with this??

nutsnbolts

Join
Nov 25, 2017
Ok, so I finally had a nice day today, charged up my 6 batteries, charged up my Huwei Android Phone and iPad Mini 4 tablet.

An hour or two later, I decide to give this "NO-OTG" a try and started with the Huwei Android device and everything connected great! Now, I'm about to take off and bam, disconnected. A few seconds later, connected! A few seconds later, DISCONNECTED! I'm like what is going on!!

I decide to just take off a few feet of the ground, and it's CONNECTING/DISCONNECTING every few seconds but I can still fly the drone. Obviously, I'm not about to take any chances so I land. This goes on and on CONNECTING/DISCONNECTING. Ok enough of that.

I then connect my iPad Mini 4, once again, without any OTG, it connects properly, then it tells me Calibrate compass. Ok, rule of thumb, it tells you to do it, do it. Ok I calibrate compass, it says it was successful and bam, it is still telling me to calibrate compass. I then keep doing it over and over for at least 3 times and it's still telling me to calibrate the compass. So I say forget it, let me try something and take off of a few feet of the ground.

Bam! DISCONNECT/CONNECTS over and over. The same experience with the android phone.

What is going on!!!

The iPad Mini 4 GO Fly App is at 4.2.5 and the Android is at 4.2.6 (latest version as of 2/9 today)

Anyone want to shed some light? I haven't flown this device for at least a couple weeks and it has never crashed or anything so to the very least i would think it would fly without any hitch.

Obviously, I'm grounded until i can figure out what is going on! Help!

Do you have Bluetooth disabled?
I can check that. I'm pretty sure it's off. Would that cause an issue?

I did try with the iPad mini 4 with OTG and that worked wonderfully. I was hoping the no OTG would warrant a successful flight.

OK bluetooth definitely turned off.

Reactions: the88man
Yes something's definitely going on with the FW of the Spark or of the RC, I had exactly the same problems as you with Android/OTG (WiFi ok), then I tried OTG with my iPad 2017, no problems...and then I went back to Android and OTG worked fine ! I can't make any sense of this.

Yes something's definitely going on with the FW of the Spark or of the RC, I had exactly the same problems as you with Android/OTG (WiFi ok), then I tried OTG with my iPad 2017, no problems...and then I went back to Android and OTG worked fine ! I can't make any sense of this.
You got OTG to work with Android? I thought the latest firmware still doesn't support OTG ( no telemetry etc. ) I dont mean to start this topic about OTG but just curious what you mean it worked with Android w/OTG.

There were no more constant connect/disconndis problems.
Ok yeah with the OTG it should not disconnect since you're hard wired in. Unfortunately the whole no telemetry with OTG still renders it useless. Right now with or without OTG is making my Spark completely useless.

Actually I'm using the "boosted" version available elsewhere in the forum so I have all the telemetry. However these OTG connection problems (constant on/off for video feed) with Android are very annoying and don't happen with iOS.

The good news is that I flew today with my Android over WiFi (RC was connected to the Spark over 5.8) and there were no issues to speak of apart from the "weak signal warnings" that start around 300 meters but I was able to reach 2 km and the feed was still very good. I switched to OTG with my iPad, put the Spark on 2.4 , put the small booster thingy on the RC and reached...2km where it got really sketchy.

So I guess I'll stop worrying about OTG ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast