Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wifi

Jimhf

Join
Sep 16, 2017
Hi,
Just bought my spark today. I have charged it up switched it on, found the wifi network on my iPhone, entered the password on the box, incidentally it is the same on the battery compartment, but I'm told I can't join the network because the password is wrong. Can anyone help?
Jim

Hi,
Just bought my spark today. I have charged it up switched it on, found the wifi network on my iPhone, entered the password on the box, incidentally it is the same on the battery compartment, but I'm told I can't join the network because the password is wrong. Can anyone help?
Jim

Are you also using a remote controller?

No, just my iPhone. This is the very first time I have tried to fire it up
You can imagine my disappointment

Are you trying to activate the Spark? Did you establish a DJI account online?

Yes I have created an account. my problem is that I'm using the set up function in the app and get as far as connect to the sparks wifi, I can see the wifi, but when I type in the wifi password that is supplied it tells me the password is wrong. I was hoping that this is a known problem, and that someone can point me in the right direction
Jim

only thing I can think is you are transposing a number or letter IE - o is oooo not ZERO etc... Since you are not using a RC (thus no RC password) the only pass you would have/need is the one in the battery compartment. You connect to your SSID (which is Spark) and use the password in battery compartment. Finally if this does not work and you are sure you are entering the pass correctly if purchased locally try another.

Reactions: DesertWindAero
only thing I can think is you are transposing a number or letter IE - o is oooo not ZERO etc... Since you are not using a RC (thus no RC password) the only pass you would have/need is the one in the battery compartment. You connect to your SSID (which is Spark) and use the password in battery compartment. Finally if this does not work and you are sure you are entering the pass correctly if purchased locally try another.

That...and I think the passwords are case-sensitive...that was going to be my last suggestion, before calling support...and, good luck with that...LOL.

Thanks for your suggestions, there is a 0 in the password I have tried replacing it with o, O, and 0 all the other letters are lower case and are clear I'll have another go this morning, if that fails the it's back to the store I go!
Jim

Failed again ! Just a thought. Is it possible to reset that wifi password ?
Jim

Yes, but I think you have to log in successfully first in order to change it.

Failed again ! Just a thought. Is it possible to reset that wifi password ?
Jim
Suggestion of @Kilrah is correct, you will get 1 bip, 2 bips and finally 3 bips. Then wifi name and password are reset to what is in the Spark or on the box and it is using 2.4G band.
Maybe you can try to post the picture of the label you have, then maybe somebody will have a go idea.
Suggestion of @wapmiguel is also a good one. There you can set the Spark wifi SSID and password. Better to keep the original one but you will be able to see the one in the Spark.

Also you can try in the Go4 app to use, icon as 3 horizontal bar on top right, SCAN QR CODE. It should setup the phone/app correctly, but you would be only the second one I heard that this scanning function work. Never worked on 2 Spark, Android or IOS.

You can also try with any laptop, tablet or phone to connect to the wifi of the Spark. It can be an issue with your phone.

Solution to Activation Failure

d29819c2fbbb114fb884d07728ecdd081494935669625.png

1. Ensure that the mobile device is connected to the Internet.Restart the aircraft and activate it again.

If an Android device is used for activation when the product is connected to a Wi-Fi network,follow the instructions in app to switch between Wi-Fi network and mobile device's network. For iOS devices,enable the mobile device's network or switch to Wi-Fi network.

2. For details about how to check the activation information,

visit: DJI Support - Here for You

If the website displays that the aircraft has been activated, but the app does not try to operate Combination Stick Command (CSC) to launch the motors. If the aircraft works normally, it is the app's error. Please contact DJI Support and provide the app version.

If the website displays that the aircraft has not been activated, follow the following steps for troubleshooting:

a.Try with another normally functioning mobile device on the Recommended Device List or reinstall the app. If available, try with another mobile device running a different operating system. For example, if this issue occurs on an Android device, try with an iOS device. Then activate the aircraft again.

b.Check whether there are special characters or emoticons in the email address or aircraft’s name. If yes, try with another email address or rename your aircraft. Then activate the aircraft again.

c.Follow the instructions in the app to update the aircraft firmware and remote controller firmware to the latest version. Then activate the aircraft again.

d.If activation fails repeatedly with an Android device , export the activation log from the app, contact DJI Support and provide the email address, screenshot of the activation failure, and aircraft SN.

For DJI GO 4, go to sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/activeto export the activation log.

For DJI GO, go to dji/dji.pilot/log/cache/active to export the activation log.

If an iOS device is used when activation fails repeatedly, contact DJI Support and provide the email address, screenshot of the activation failure screen, and aircraft SN.

20def7942674282277c3714ed7ea6ce01494935778046.png

26a2dd1db1b8a21f30cd153142017b5b1494935799838.png

Solution to Activation Failure

d29819c2fbbb114fb884d07728ecdd081494935669625.png

1. Ensure that the mobile device is connected to the Internet.Restart the aircraft and activate it again.

If an Android device is used for activation when the product is connected to a Wi-Fi network,follow the instructions in app to switch between Wi-Fi network and mobile device's network. For iOS devices,enable the mobile device's network or switch to Wi-Fi network.

2. For details about how to check the activation information,

visit: DJI Support - Here for You

If the website displays that the aircraft has been activated, but the app does not try to operate Combination Stick Command (CSC) to launch the motors. If the aircraft works normally, it is the app's error. Please contact DJI Support and provide the app version.

If the website displays that the aircraft has not been activated, follow the following steps for troubleshooting:

a.Try with another normally functioning mobile device on the Recommended Device List or reinstall the app. If available, try with another mobile device running a different operating system. For example, if this issue occurs on an Android device, try with an iOS device. Then activate the aircraft again.

b.Check whether there are special characters or emoticons in the email address or aircraft’s name. If yes, try with another email address or rename your aircraft. Then activate the aircraft again.

c.Follow the instructions in the app to update the aircraft firmware and remote controller firmware to the latest version. Then activate the aircraft again.

d.If activation fails repeatedly with an Android device , export the activation log from the app, contact DJI Support and provide the email address, screenshot of the activation failure, and aircraft SN.

For DJI GO 4, go to sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/activeto export the activation log.

For DJI GO, go to dji/dji.pilot/log/cache/active to export the activation log.

If an iOS device is used when activation fails repeatedly, contact DJI Support and provide the email address, screenshot of the activation failure screen, and aircraft SN.

20def7942674282277c3714ed7ea6ce01494935778046.png

26a2dd1db1b8a21f30cd153142017b5b1494935799838.png
I think we talk of connecting to wifi, not activation.

I contacted dji about this very issue, the sticker was wrong on my box. Use DJI assistant on the computer and you can reset the password to any you like!

Reactions: Hickeroar
12341234 use that
It is the password of the RC, not of the Spark. OP is using direct phone connection to the Spark.

Just flew mine today. First time. WiFi things I’ve noticed...
Connected to house WiFi, fired up drone, tried to connect to WiFi that came up, said wrong password. Told phone to forget home network, so no auto-connect, turn drone off/on, wait for SSID and connect...success. Seems if I connected to home network and try to just connect to drone, it says wrong password.
Also, when flying with phone, I put phone in airplane mode so no phone calls come in. This is iPhone 6s+.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast