Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wifi password reset for RC

Winks

Join
Jul 21, 2018
Hi All,

New to drones and i just got a new Spark Fly More Combo Pack. 8 flights in I took the new firmware update and decided to take the Apps advice and change the Remotes because the nag screen kept telling me the “password was weak”. Now I can’t connect to the remote. Tried holding the power button down for 9 sec to reset but didnt work. Decided to just fly the Spark with my phone but I can see the spark in the wifi either. So looks like both are bricks now.

Before I go online and try a factory reset on the spark i though i would reach out for advice here.

Advice would be appreciated since i was updating the Spark to be ready to fly tomorrow.

John

Welcome on board
The 9 seconds button press on the Spark or factory default would reset the wifi of the Spark only, nothing to do with the RC.

For the RC I don't know how to reset the wifi password apart through the Go4 app, Settings / Wifi settings at bottom of that page.
If you use an OTG cable to connect the RC to the phone, you will not need to know the wifi password to change it.

Thank you Dronason. I have the RC to iPhone cable on order but I don’t have it yet.

I’m hopping for a few other ideas before I plug the spark into the computer for a full reset. I personally think it has something to do with the last update. Almost like it was corrupted.

John

Thank you Dronason. I have the RC to iPhone cable on order but I don’t have it yet.

I’m hopping for a few other ideas before I plug the spark into the computer for a full reset. I personally think it has something to do with the last update. Almost like it was corrupted.

John

Did you try the 12341234 password?

Hi All,

Problem solved! A bit of OE (operator error) happening.

In the end I was able to reset the sparks pwd by pressing the button for 9 sec and resetting the RC by pressing the pwr for 9 sec to get everything to factory. In doing so I had to then manually pair the RC to the Spark which is easy.

The thing that started this whole mess is that when changing the RC password in the app, I didn’t notice that the first character of the new password was automatically in Caps. As soon as I notice that, the RC password worked (naturally).

In the end it was a great exercise to learn alot about the Dji controller and Spark. I hope this post helps someone else avoid this problem.

Happy flying,

John

Reactions: FZR750 and Dronason
Reactions: Dronason
Reactions: msinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit