Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WiFi dilemma

Join
May 5, 2018
I have a spark coming in the mail tomorrow. I have been learning as much as possible through videos and this site and felt prepared.. the WiFi frequencies have me all confused now. I was under the impression the spark automatically switched bands to have best connection but that seems not so. Furthermore to avoid frequency it seems people change channels on preflight checklists! So my question is when to fly is 2.4? Is it safe to leave on auto channel selection? And if proper RTH and compass is set do I really need to worry about having interference mid flight.

Don't worry about it, the Spark sorts itself out very nicely. I've never even tried 2.4, or looked at the channels. I run out of battery before I run out of signal...
Don't bother with an otg cable either.
You'll love it:)

Reactions: Techandfitness
Don't worry about it, the Spark sorts itself out very nicely. I've never even tried 2.4, or looked at the channels. I run out of battery before I run out of signal...
Don't bother with an otg cable either.
You'll love it:)

Lovely, I ordered an OTG before I read more about it. I’ll do my own testing just for giggles.

Reactions: gareth5000
My friend... buy a good phone change to fcc mode and you wont need an otg. The spark handles perfect.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G965F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I am from Belgium and have CE instead of FCC. When I fly wifi connected phone to remote I get a message 'transmission weak, plz adjust the antenna's' from a distance of 45-50m. With a OTG connection phone remote and a 2.4ghz connection between remote and spark the connection never fails on me. I took it 510m away to test (I fly alone and that's as far as I can see the spark with the eye) and I did it with confidence.

Reactions: Leskent
I am from Belgium and have CE instead of FCC. When I fly wifi connected phone to remote I get a message 'transmission weak, plz adjust the antenna's' from a distance of 45-50m. With a OTG connection phone remote and a 2.4ghz connection between remote and spark the connection never fails on me. I took it 510m away to test (I fly alone and that's as far as I can see the spark with the eye) and I did it with confidence.
I'm from Belgium, with CE, too and have exactly the same experience. No problem anymore since I use an OTG cable connecting my old android smartphone (a "recycled" 8GB Huawei) to the RC, with crisp image (compared to a garbled image without OTG cable).

Reactions: Criptix
There are a lot of OTG "haters" out there, but they probably live in one of those "Golden" spots where wi-fi works great but for most of us it can be hit and miss depending on our particular location or other factors at that particular time when we choose to fly I know I have flown both ways with both IOS and Android and some days it's good and others it's terrible and can cause a crash (again I speak from this happening to me on wi-fi and on an ipad!" so now I just make it a point to always use OTG,
if it works on OTG WHY NOT USE IT???? I don't get why people are so against it

There are a lot of OTG "haters" out there, but they probably live in one of those "Golden" spots where wi-fi works great but for most of us it can be hit and miss depending on our particular location or other factors at that particular time when we choose to fly I know I have flown both ways with both IOS and Android and some days it's good and others it's terrible and can cause a crash (again I speak from this happening to me on wi-fi and on an ipad!" so now I just make it a point to always use OTG,
if it works on OTG WHY NOT USE IT???? I don't get why people are so against it
Yes, I couldn't agree more. Try it and see if it makes a difference. It is a small investment for the cable and a little time to hook it up. If it does help your particular set-up and/or location, it is worth it! If not, nothing lost either way!

Reactions: Leskent
I've tried otg cable and with out. It works fine with out the cable, you can gain some range with it( but by then you're not really in line of sight....)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast