Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which NDL Filter i need?

Here's a general filter usage guide:

Filter-Use-Chart.png

You could just pick up the filters you need for your usual flying conditions.

Reactions: Haggi
The CP filter would be a great one to get. Other than that, I'd get an ND16 to take down the light on bright days.

I want to buy the Polar filter but i really need 5 pieces from them???

Aside from buying filters, be sure to look into using your white balance setting on the Spark. It does make a nice difference. it is where you set for sunny or cloudy and other options.

Can you get a PL/CP with ND 16 or 32? I'm planning on taking my spark with me on a cruise in a few months and I'm sure when I'm in port there will be a lot of sunlight and a lot of water reflection...so I'm guessing I should probably have both? Or is that not the case?

I'm planning on taking my spark with me on a cruise in a few months

I have read here on the forum in the past that some cruise ships may not allow you to bring the Spark on board, let alone fly it at ports.

Guess they don't want passengers flying from the boat while moving?
Seems logical.

Please research before you go.:)

I want to buy the Polar filter but i really need 5 pieces from them???

I have a set and love what Polar Pro does and their quality.

The reason for the multiple pieces is for us film geeks to get closer to the 180° shutter speed (so 30fps needs a 1/60 shutter).

This yields a more “cinematic” look.

Without an ND filter (on a sunny day), the iso is low and the shutter speed is high to compensate for the brightness. This high shutter speed reduces the motion blur usually associated with Films.

Polar Pro has a free app that helps you select what filter you need based upon current situation and camera readings to get the desired look.

Reactions: Fiete

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit