Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which action(s) reset the battery discharge countdown timer?

wsalopek

Join
Aug 4, 2017
Hi folks,

Looked in the manual, can't find the answer.

We all understand that if a Spark battery is not used for 10 days, it will, over a period of approx 2 days, discharge itself to approx 65%.

Question:

If I have a battery that was fully charged two days ago, then throw it on the charger today, will the 10 day countdown start over?

Reason I'm asking is that, apparently, if the battery is still at 100% charge, the charging circuit does not activate (no lights flash)...so in that case, I'm wondering...does the counter reset?

I know I can just test it but I was hoping someone has an answer as I'm going on a trip soon and want to time my charges so as not to have batteries at less than 100% the day I arrive.

Thanks...

--

Bill

Every time you press the button to check the charge, you reset the timer.

if at all possible, top off your batteries when you need them. the auto-discharge mechanism is there to prevent the lithium batteries from being damaged from being stored at full charge.

Every time you press the button to check the charge, you reset the timer.

OK...I can officially say now that this does not work....at least it didn't work for me.

I charged my batteries about 12 days ago..."checked" them by pressing the button about 4 days ago (when they were still at 100%), and today, they are down to about 75%

If the "press button" procedure worked, I'd still be at 100%.

So as far as I can tell...

The ONLY way to reset the countdown timer is to charge the batteries...

But...

The batteries will not charge, apparently, if they are already at 100%.

Meaning...the only way to keep batteries at 100% (I know this isn't the best idea...that's beside this point), is to wait exactly 10 days...til just after the auto-discharge starts...which will tell the charger to charge the batteires, and also of course reset the timer.

--

Bill

The batteries will not charge, apparently, if they are already at 100%.

that's entirely to be expected... the charge regulator circuitry won't allow further charging as it would damage the cells.

again, attempting to store lithium batteries at full charge for more than a couple of days will damage them. you are far better to store at "3 LED" levels of storage charge, and if you need to charge in the field after an extended period, get a portable charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex