Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What Projection Setting In MS ICE Do You Use For Spark Pano?

Pappy

Join
Aug 4, 2017
I'm curious as to which "Projection" (Cylindrical, Transverse Cylindrical, Mercator, Traverse Mercator, Sperical, Traverse Sperical, Ortographic, Fisheye, Stereographic, or Perspective) do you use in MS ICE when processing 9 image panos from Spark. :"Sperical" is the one I'm leaning towards for now.

I was trying to make the "tiny planet" photos today using ICE. Use Spherical and then grab the top of the photo and pull it up until it turns into a circle. However, the Spark wasn't taking any shots straight down. Also, I don't think it was a true 360. Is there a way to make it take shots down when in pano mode?

You really have to take a Spherical 360 pano for tiny planets to work I use autopilot to take the shots but litchi can do it also and also coming to DJI go4 soon I believe
You can do it manually by taking 4 180 pano and a couple of sky and ground shots and using ICE to stitch them also

I was trying to make the "tiny planet" photos today using ICE. Use Spherical and then grab the top of the photo and pull it up until it turns into a circle. However, the Spark wasn't taking any shots straight down. Also, I don't think it was a true 360. Is there a way to make it take shots down when in pano mode?
I see you sorted it nice photos

Thought I might bump this instead of starting a new thread as I can't make up my mind between the various projections. Right now I'm leading towards Transverse Cylindrical (spherical is close) for 9 picture panos and Perspective for vertical 3 picture panos...What are yours ?

Just tried stereographic again for 9 picture panos, not bad indeed. Perspective doesn't work too well for 9 picture panos though, but it's pretty good for the 3 vertical pano.

Been stitching some panos lately and it seems I've settled for :
Horizontal 9 : spherical - stereo is nice too, keeps better proportions maybe but not as "wide", a bit of an issue for a pano ;-)
Vertical 3 : perspective

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe