Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is this and how to fix it?

Ron_Dog

Join
Mar 23, 2018
Loc
Illinois
My friend was flying around trees and the low battery tripped the RTH setting. The Spark began to rise up to it's pre set RTH altitude, but hit a low limb and then fell to the ground. There is no physical damage to the drone but now it will not let him start the motors? We recalibrated the IMU,and it still will not start, it has the dreaded red triangle with this warning?IMG_2113.PNG So is this suggesting to remove the top cover and "reconnect" the ribbon cable to the GPS,I have no idea how to "reset" the GPS?

Last edited:
I remember on a disassembly video of the Spark, that they use silicone to make the internal connections less likely to disconnect, but I suppose either the right crash or series of small ones could undo eventually.

(I believe it was silicone anyway) No clue on the error.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Its most likely as you are suggested - it saiys that the GPS module has no contact to the mainboard. Either the GPS module is broken or just disconnected.

You could try to reflash the firmware of the spark and try if that helps before go further...

I recall a unit with a bad motor board throwing the same error. Not related to I guess it’s part of the system checks.

The gps mounting is very unlikely to disconnect but it is relatively easy to check.

Remove the 6 screws holding the top cover and that will expose the main board and gps module.

Ron_dog mine did the same thing the other day, broke two props but on the map it says the drone is still at the place were it crashed not at home 2 miles away and will not pickup any satts. Does your friends do the same
Yes it dose!

Ron_dog mine did the same thing the other day, broke two props but on the map it says the drone is still at the place were it crashed not at home 2 miles away and will not pickup any satts. Does your friends do the same

What resolved the issue?

My friend was flying around trees and the low battery tripped the RTH setting. The Spark began to rise up to it's pre set RTH altitude, but hit a low limb and then fell to the ground. There is no physical damage to the drone but now it will not let him start the motors? We recalibrated the IMU,and it still will not start, it has the dreaded red triangle with this warning?View attachment 4921 So is this suggesting to remove the top cover and "reconnect" the ribbon cable to the GPS,I have no idea how to "reset" the GPS?
Very rare and strange fail error, have you tried contacting DJI support?

Yes he contacted them and they want him to send it in.
only issue with contacting support is they have great service and will save you a lot of trouble shooting but you will pay for it in labour.

The parts from DJI support are by far the most affordable. I found their repair services to be great for camera repair/gimbal issues.

However, drone motor, esc, gps, body shells, etc. Home brew (ebay parts -- make sure you use a reputable seller with genuine parts) is the best way to go out of warranty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe