Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What do you carry your Spark in?

I managed to put my action camera and its gear to the same case, for upcoming vacation. It's now crowed inside, but at least it will take little space in the backpack while traveling and hiking.
(posted this before
)

Attachments

• DSC_3042.JPG
    DSC_3042.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a miser: I use case (plane and controller) bought on EBay for AUS@$24 and throw then in an old backpack I bought for $9 a few years ago. No [problems so far. I have similar for the Mavic and flown international with it a few times.
s-l500.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg

Reactions: Openpod
I haven't taken my Spark anywhere yet, but yesterday I picked up the PolarPro Case XL from BestBuy since it's on clearance for $15 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/polarpro-case-xl-for-dji-spark-drone-black/5964042.p?skuId=5964042

Seems like it should do the job alright to just keep it safe and clean while transporting. I managed to squeeze everything I have for the Spark in it including my Powerextra multi charger

My Mavic, though, I have the Nanuk 920 case for it in orange https://www.amazon.com/Nanuk-Drone-Waterproof-Custom-Insert/dp/B01MYV61I4?th=1

Is the 3800 the largest of the three that Harbor Freight sells? I am planning on going by there today to look at them. I had this same idea.

I bought an Apache 3800 hard shell case from Harbor Freight (with a coupon it was $29.95). Pick apart foam and waterproof. Seems to work OK.

413721854.jpg

Jake

I carry it without any protection *gasp* strapped to the outside of my trail running vest via bungee cord tied around the legs.

Works well and never had any issues with it. Best way for me to carry it with all the lightweight stuff I’ve gotta carry while running in the mountains.

Hey there, I think it’s really up to each ‘pilot’ how to carry that beautiful baby <<spark>>.

In my case, the whole reason to have a spark was: 1) be easy to travel with (I guess we all want videos from outside our backyards); 2) be able to launch it fast, min set up requirements.

I love the dji portable charging station with its bag. That fits well in any regular backpack, and it charges the battery while in the road. I never check in mu spark on flights, so a harder case isn’t need it.

I still use the one thet comes with the original packing as well :)
I too use the portable charger and it’s bag.. the bag is a semi hard shell and fits beautifully in a small backpack with lots of room for all those other things you need to carry with you.. The nice thing about the spark in its case is it’s small enough to take everywhere.. Love publishing sphere photos on google maps.. Gets lots of views too.

Is the 3800 the largest of the three that Harbor Freight sells? I am planning on going by there today to look at them. I had this same idea.

Yes, it’s the largest of the current models. I use the smallest (1800) for my Marco Polo Tracker. I do recall someone on the Mavic site using the 2800, but my local HF doesn’t stock that one.

Jake

Reactions: Scott White
I found this OGIO No Drag Mach 3 backpack on Amazon in 2015 for about $70. The 'Red Bull Signature model' was on closeout; regular list price $150. I originally bought it for carrying my laptop to work while commuting on my motorcycle. The OGIO No Drag Mach 3 fits all my Spark gear with room to spare in the compartment and side pockets: Spark, controller, iPhone 6 Plus, battery charging hub, cables, 2 extra batteries, extra props, plus a Goal Zero Sherpa 100 w/ inverter for in-the-field recharges. Hauling my flight gear in this backpack is very comfortable for hiking, bicycling, or riding a motorcycle.

OGIO-Mach-3-1.JPG OGIO-Mach-3-2.JPG OGIO-Mach-3-3.JPG

I carry it without any protection *gasp* strapped to the outside of my trail running vest via bungee cord tied around the legs.

Works well and never had any issues with it. Best way for me to carry it with all the lightweight stuff I’ve gotta carry while running in the mountains.

You might be interested in this for your Spark since you're on the move.

I have one of the tablet holders and am satisfied with the build quality.

F3979CC7-26CE-401D-BFF4-9339A626F085.jpeg 21612616-1BB8-45AF-BA16-737BB1B78C6E.jpeg ACC729F6-F61C-4C05-95D9-BFCA7A5AE7F8.jpeg 6E3AA66B-0916-4040-9DA3-FF9B8A1B26F2.jpeg 9A5685DA-4180-4BC8-9881-81F7A832ED3C.jpeg 71C45F1E-2FD6-43DB-A156-49B617877814.jpeg ACC729F6-F61C-4C05-95D9-BFCA7A5AE7F8.jpeg 21612616-1BB8-45AF-BA16-737BB1B78C6E.jpeg F3979CC7-26CE-401D-BFF4-9339A626F085.jpeg Here is what I use... I added a Spark to my professional photography so I needed a way to transport it on my assignments. This Canon bag holds my camera and two lenses plus other items, two GoPros with Misc accessories, and my Spark remote, a holster for carrying the Spark when I walk, charger, phone, 2 batteries, and propellers. I use the styrofoam case to carry the Spark and 3 batteries. There is room for a travel tripod, flash, you name it. Although it gets heavy, once it’s on my back and I’m walking, I no longer feel it. Here are a couple of Spark shots too...

Reactions: Sparkasauraus
View attachment 2957 View attachment 2958 View attachment 2959 View attachment 2960 View attachment 2961 View attachment 2962 View attachment 2959 View attachment 2958 View attachment 2957 Here is what I use... I added a Spark to my professional photography so I needed a way to transport it on my assignments. This Canon bag holds my camera and two lenses plus other items, two GoPros with Misc accessories, and my Spark remote, a holster for carrying the Spark when I walk, charger, phone, 2 batteries, and propellers. I use the styrofoam case to carry the Spark and 3 batteries. There is room for a travel tripod, flash, you name it. Although it gets heavy, once it’s on my back and I’m walking, I no longer feel it. Here are a couple of Spark shots too...

I'm glad I took the time to read your response.......I wondered where the Spark was hidden in the bag.

Beautiful photos!

Jake

I use the shoulder bag when going out to shoot footage, but I made a custom case to keep + charge everything at once, in the case itself:

View attachment 2886

Inside are 2 chargers, 2 hubs with 6 batteries, RC, phone and cables tugged away out of sight.

Actually I don't get it why nobody is producing a case like this. Small, with room for more batteries and with charging IN THE CASE. Just plug it in and charge everything at once. I'm happy with my case mod :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers