Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Welcome from Birmingham, UK! :D

Tom_Iron

Join
Sep 3, 2017
Hi, my spark arrived only 4 days ago. It was great choice . In next 3 weeks I will take some footage in Dominican. I believe I will capture lots of amazing views ;)

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Reactions: Tom_Iron
Welcome buddy, I have had sparky for a few weeks now and love it!
I'm off to turkey tomorrow, so will post about my airport dealings, save flying!
JD

Welcome to SparkPilots and happy to hear you are enjoying the aircraft. Enjoy your time in the Dominican. Safe flying and see you around! :cool:

Hi, my spark arrived only 4 days ago. It was great choice . In next 3 weeks I will take some footage in Dominican. I believe I will capture lots of amazing views ;)
Do you have your permit already - forms are only available in Spanish from the Dominican CAA. (They get rejected if there are any translation errors :().
If not, and you cannot show your written permission the UAV can be seized at the airport when entering.
I'm sure you knew that anyway and you have your permit. :)

Do you have your permit already - forms are only available in Spanish from the Dominican CAA. (They get rejected if there are any translation errors :().
If not, and you cannot show your written permission the UAV can be seized at the airport when entering.
I'm sure you knew that anyway and you have your permit. :)

I didn't realise that I will need permit for 300g drone but thanks for reminding me. I did some research and I found that

"UAV's that weigh less than 4.4lbs do not need authorization from the IDAC Dept of Operations but should still follow certain conditions. They should be constructed from flexible materials, that when coming in contact with people or objects it could break. It should not exceed 1,500 feet/455 meters, flight distance from the operator."

I can see they updated drone law only last year in February. I've already contacted Dominican Republic Aviation Authority so I believe I will get my permit before I will go there.

One more time thanks for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme