Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ways to possibly recover a lost DJi Spark (or any other drone)

Have you ever lost a drone?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

_.jacobt._

Join
Dec 27, 2017
Loc
Cincinnati, Ohio
*DISCLAIMER/INFO
THIS MAY BE IN THE WRONG SECTION, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF SO!

There are quite a few ways of losing a drone, but there are also ways to recover one.
Here are a couple of ways or techniques of recovering a lost drone, whether it be a flyaway or a crash.

1. Put a label on your drone with your name, phone number, and also say reward if found and returned to owner. If someone does the right thing and calls you saying they have found it somewhere, give them your home address, or somewhere to meet up with them to get the drone back, and also make sure to give them a reward. This reward could be cash or just something little to return the favor and make them feel like if they ever see another lost item labeled, to do the right thing and return it.

2. Figure out a general area of where the drone fell, crashed, or ended up lost, get the satellite image of the area on Google Maps or any other website/software that will give you a satellite image of the area, and circle the area it is most likely in, and see if people will search in that area to find the drone. ALWAYS TELL ON THE POST WHAT TYPE OF DRONE IT IS, AND INCLUDE AN IMAGE. And make sure to label the drone with a name and phone number at least.

Those are a couple of ways of making an effort to recover a lost drone. Neither of the two methods above has a guarantee of having you recover the drone, but there is a better chance. If there is one thing to take away to have a chance of recovering the drone, ALWAYS PUT A LABEL ON THE DRONE WITH A NAME AND PHONE NUMBER, that can allow the person who finds the drone to come in contact with you try to help you recover the drone.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and allowing me to share a couple of ways I have learned from others to recover your drone that seems to be gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe