Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Waiting for waypoint app

Quadular

Join
Jun 24, 2018
I am disappointed that there are no solid waypoint apps for the Spark. I will use the P3P and Litchi if I need to fly a mission. In the meantime I will wait.

Its been said that because of wifi and Spark's short battery life, its never really been a candidate for that sort of software feature. Auto-pilot and Red-Waypoint are somewhat of a solution, seems like there are multiple challenges with both at this point in their lifecycle. Autonomous flight is not legal in Canada, so I've steered clear (so far!)

Reactions: Quadular
Its been said that because of wifi and Spark's short battery life, its never really been a candidate for that sort of software feature. Auto-pilot and Red-Waypoint are somewhat of a solution, seems like there are multiple challenges with both at this point in their lifecycle. Autonomous flight is not legal in Canada, so I've steered clear (so far!)
Yes, probably the best thing to do, we can always hope

If you are willing to use the modded Go4 app on Android, you have DJI’s implementation of waypoints alongside other goodies like course lock, home lock and especially usefully cinematic mode. Plus there is an app on the playstore to generate waypoint mission on the map without having to fly to the waypoints to set them.

If you are on iOS I’d recommend Autopilot. It beats Litchi on features hands down.

Reactions: goixiz
If you are willing to use the modded Go4 app on Android, you have DJI’s implementation of waypoints alongside other goodies like course lock, home lock and especially usefully cinematic mode. Plus there is an app on the playstore to generate waypoint mission on the map without having to fly to the waypoints to set them.

If you are on iOS I’d recommend Autopilot. It beats Litchi on features hands down.
Which app generates the waypoints for the modded app? I've never heard of this before.

Autopilot for waypoints - Spark (but i got it for my M1P)

i will fly the M1P when i get better at the AP prog and share the comparison im sure it will be drastic

Thanks SparkPete, I use IOS, so.......I will continue to monitor AP and see what the group is saying.I am not quite convinced yet.

If you are willing to use the modded Go4 app on Android, you have DJI’s implementation of waypoints alongside other goodies like course lock, home lock and especially usefully cinematic mode. Plus there is an app on the playstore to generate waypoint mission on the map without having to fly to the waypoints to set them..

Which android app is this ??

Thanks SparkPete, I use IOS, so.......I will continue to monitor AP and see what the group is saying.I am not quite convinced yet.
Whay are you missing in Autopilot other than the hugh amount of features might be overwhelming at the beginning?
Start with beginner mode and switch to the advanced modes when you feel comfortable with the interface. The interface is confusing at first but once you get the hang on it, it is very logical.

Reactions: goixiz
Whay are you missing in Autopilot other than the hugh amount of features might be overwhelming at the beginning?
Start with beginner mode and switch to the advanced modes when you feel comfortable with the interface. The interface is confusing at first but once you get the hang on it, it is very logical.
Are you able to get AP to function like "activeTrack" from dji. I want ti to follow a poi/subject without RC (other than RC to launch and get it pointing to poi), RC to get drone in position

Autopilot has and "active track" function, that really works well. It is called Airspace. You run a free companion app on the subjects IOS device that is used as the POI. The drone will fly any of the standard paths like circle, spiral, etc while keeping the POI as the camera target. You can also free fly the drone using the POI as "forward" and fly manually while the software keeps the drone pointed at the POI. Since it is using another GPS device for location, it doesn't get "lost"

Of course, it can also just follow its own APP as well if that is what you want to do.

Autopilot has and "active track" function, that really works well. It is called Airspace. You run a free companion app on the subjects IOS device that is used as the POI. The drone will fly any of the standard paths like circle, spiral, etc while keeping the POI as the camera target. You can also free fly the drone using the POI as "forward" and fly manually while the software keeps the drone pointed at the POI. Since it is using another GPS device for location, it doesn't get "lost"

Of course, it can also just follow its own APP as well if that is what you want to do.
Thanks Jon, good info

The latest update to droneblocks says “Waypoints for spark!”.
I have not tried it.

Update:
I now have tried droneblocks.
It works, but there is a delay between each command, and calculating how big angles and distances should be, can be fiddly.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme