Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Videos missing

KevTN

Join
Apr 15, 2018
Loc
Chattanooga, TN
i am in the process of trying to put something together for my daughters softball team. I went to the field and did some filming. When I went to download the videos many were missing along with most of the still shots. Also if I try to view and see videos and photos on my iPad they do not show up at all.

I have a 64gb micro chip that I formatted and all. I know I was videoing as I was trying to keep up with the time.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

Did you first switched off the camera and only then the spark? If you do it the other way around, you loose your footage - I know by experience!

Reactions: ANT0407
Thanks Pete as I was going to post a similar question but I think you answered it.

I am new to the spark...once airborne I tapped the icon to switch from camera to video.

Is there a certain order I should do?

Thank you.

If I remember correctly, tapping that over to video doesn’t start the video automatically. Gotta hit the red button, or the correct remote button, to stop/start the recording.

Also, here’s what I’ve also run into. While recording video, either the chip wasn’t done buffering or I shut the drone down too fast. The video was there, but I could not open it because it was corrupt, apparently at the end of the video. There IS a way to recover by running the file through a couple “file-fixers”, which I did, but it’s pretty technical. Just easier to make sure it has stopped recording BEFORE shutting down the drone.
Enjoy the air!!

Thx for the info I did hit the record "red button" start and stop. I had 11 different videos and only two are left and they were going to be my throw aways. I always turn off video well before turning the spark off. Kinda crazy it is prob somethimg very little. Lol

Also make sure you have a good recording memory chip. You can search for what others use. Again, I had an issue where it would record a couple minutes and stop on its own and also, when I would stop a recording, the red button would just spin and spin but never really just stop. Ended up being weirdness with the chip itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers