Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Quality Question

mildim

Join
Jan 17, 2018
Hi all ,

just got my spark a couple of days ago but did not have time to fly outside.
The weather is not helping at all too. :)

I have the mavic and i used the sd card to test the video quality of the spark.

Here is the video straight from the SD :

I hope the quality is going to be better when i fly outside with daylight.
I just wanted to ask if you find that flickering/shaky normal.

Thanks,
Dimitris

Hi all ,

just got my spark a couple of days ago but did not have time to fly outside.
The weather is not helping at all too. :)

I have the mavic and i used the sd card to test the video quality of the spark.

Here is the video straight from the SD :

I hope the quality is going to be better when i fly outside with daylight.
I just wanted to ask if you find that flickering/shaky normal.

Thanks,
Dimitris

The flickering may be prop shadow...which may be caused by the inside lighting from above. I think it will look better outside with more even lighting.

Reactions: mildim
You need to test outdoors

Will do as soon as i get the chance @aviscomi , thanks :)

The flickering may be prop shadow...which may be caused by the inside lighting from above. I think it will look better outside with more even lighting.

Thanks @DesertWindAero i will post my first spark video here too.

Yum! What’s for supper!!

Hehe , sorry for that. It is a greek feta-spinach pie (Greek style)

Thanks for the answers guys

Do you have fluorescent lights in your kitchen? If so that's going to count for the flickering they probably run it 50 or 60 hertz which is pretty **** close to the read out of the sensor

Reactions: mildim
Do you have fluorescent lights in your kitchen? If so that's going to count for the flickering they probably run it 50 or 60 hertz which is pretty **** close to the read out of the sensor

I do have fluorescent lights. :)

I will take her out during lunch break tomorrow if weather allows.

It is just that i had the "soft right side" on my mavic when i first got her and now i am a bit paranoid about the Spark. :)

The Mavic has a reason for that soft corner look. They tried to stuff to much glass in the lens but that's a whole different thread.

The Mavic has a reason for that soft corner look. They tried to stuff to much glass in the lens but that's a whole different thread.

Yes , it was a manufacturing error. Lens misalignment.

You are right this is not the correct forum for this. ;)

The biggest issue I found so far with the spark and its image quality is low light there's very high readout noise and also you'll get a little jitteriness in high winds or if you're in sport mode flying around and you try and do a quick stop or something like that.

I understand that one cannot compare the spark camera with the one from the mavic or any other drone camera.
The spark serves it's purpose and i am eager and exited to try her out in the countries and in the areas where laws apply for drones over 0,5 kg.

And here is the firs flight outside.

Excuse my ugly face :)

Please keep in mind that it is my first flight with the Spark.
Weather conditions : Cold but above 0 Celcius , i would say 4. A bit windy but nothing special as you can see in the video.
White balance was in cloudy.
I am noticing something in minutes: 00:10 , 00:24 , 02:32 , 03:55 , 04:01
If you tell me that this is normal behavior when the spark is braking , then i am happy :)

Thanks,
Dimitris

If it's slight jitter motion or a high frequency jello effect yes it's due to the props spinning to much and I believe causing vibration

Went for another test today.

I noticed that the gimbal has some issues when i am trying to point the camera at the lowest point

upload_2018-1-20_14-24-7.png

This issue is not persistent , some times the gimbal is moving without struggling and sometimes it struggles.

The drone is new and this is the second flight.

What would be your advise ?

Thanks,
Dimitris

Mine is new too and has that vertical jump/jitter too. I have done about 6 flights so far in around -8 to -10C temps with mild to moderate wind. I turned down my gimbal pitch speed to 9 but haven’t had a chance to try it out to see if there is any change as it has been too windy. Tomorrow is supposed to be better so may try then. I hope this is not a hardware issue but just a limitation of the Spark gimbal.

I did try holding the Spark and simulating flight in my house while recording (motors off) and only got one jump out of a 4 minute video so makes me think it is just a limitation of the gimbal.

Chris

Hi @Chrislaf ,

I did the same when i got back home. I placed the Spark on the edge of a table and "played" with the gimbal movement. I did not see it stuggling at any point.

I want to mention that i did another rocket before i got home and the spark performed as expected. Weather conditions similar like yours but the temperature was above 0 celcius.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and amswer in here.

/Dimitris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe