Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Editing on iPad Mini...

limesqueezy

Join
Feb 12, 2018
Hi,

I've searched the forums and looked at a bunch of posts, but they don't directly answer my questions, so at the risk of being flamed (you wouldn't do that, would you?), here are my questions.

1) Is anyone editing video with iMovie on iPad, or more specifically iPad Mini?
2) If editing on iPad, is iMovie the best choice (in that I mean most stable, easiest to use)?
3) What are the alternatives to iMovie, (if you feel the alternative better)?
3) If editing on iPad, what is your workflow like (iMovie or not, all answers welcome).

Thanks in advance for any help! I am brand new to the iPad (loads of Mac experience, but not recent with iMovie), so be gentle! I know there are loads of places to ask this generically many other places, but here I get the benefit of stem-to-stern workflow if I'm lucky!).

I have not used iMovie on the ipad Mini but I take the sd card and put in my Macbook Pro and edit in iMovie on the Macbook. I too am a new Spark pilot and have only used iMovie a few times so still learning.

Hopefully some more experienced users will assist you. Good lick and safe flying.

I used iMovie on my iPad Mini 2 a couple times. Works well, plenty you can do with it.

That said, I don't use it anymore, because my iPad is only 16GB, it runs out of space in no time. Apple won't let you edit direct from the SD Card, even with the proper adapter accessory.

iMovie is very limited. I use Lumafusion, it has a lot more control and you can edit multiple video and audio tracks at the same time.

Hi,

I've searched the forums and looked at a bunch of posts, but they don't directly answer my questions, so at the risk of being flamed (you wouldn't do that, would you?), here are my questions.

1) Is anyone editing video with iMovie on iPad, or more specifically iPad Mini?
2) If editing on iPad, is iMovie the best choice (in that I mean most stable, easiest to use)?
3) What are the alternatives to iMovie, (if you feel the alternative better)?
3) If editing on iPad, what is your workflow like (iMovie or not, all answers welcome).

Thanks in advance for any help! I am brand new to the iPad (loads of Mac experience, but not recent with iMovie), so be gentle! I know there are loads of places to ask this generically many other places, but here I get the benefit of stem-to-stern workflow if I'm lucky!).
I use luma fusion on my iPad Pro for everything and it works great! It’s about $20 on the App Store

Only problem with using the iPad is that all my bloody Spark video get uploaded to the cloud and onto all our iOS devices along with the pics (which are supposed to be uploaded). Grrr..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme