Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Use an RC charger to charge Crystalsky batteries!

Stevenunez

Join
Sep 23, 2017
First let me start by saying- try this at your own risk!
(I assume no responsibility for any problems using this setup.)

I purchased a new CS 5.5 monitor this AM but the drone shop didn't have a power cable for it and I don't have a Phantom or Inspire I can use the power cord from- so I tried a few methods for charging the CS battery and this method is working great!

I plan on making a much neater setup with a foam box and dedicated leads but I wanted to get this setup photographed for anyone wanting to use their digital RC chargers - make SURE your charger can charge Lithium Ion batteries- LiPo's have different chemistry so don't use a LiPo setting!!!

I'm using a Hitec 4port charger that supports many battery types of which LiIon is one...I set the charge to 1.3a and 2S setup.......I'm pretty sure you can use a higher charge rate but I'm playing it cautious at the moment.

The setup is as follows: use the typical banana leads you use with other rc batteries and strip the ends bare so you have a 1/4 inch of wire exposed on the ends.......you can then put the bare wire through the holes in Exacto blades which will conduct the electricity to the CS battery.
Look at the photos closely for the 2 slots you'll be placing the blades into- no need to force them- just gently put the blades into the slots as indicated and make sure you put a piece of cardboard or something in between the blades as to prevent a short and possible explosion or fire. Note the polarity and only when 100% sure you have the polarity correct you can use your charger to charge the battery. The lights on the CS battery will also blink and indicate the level of charge........that's it- go fly!
P1060174.jpg P1060173.jpg P1060172.jpg P1060170.jpg

Much simpler to put a seventeen volt supply (my laptop charger ) into the hub that came with the CS.

I couldn't get any laptop charger to power it. Ordered a dji one but the above is working great for me so far on a BAC6 charger.

I flattened some solder to push into the contacts as it's soft and won't damage the gold plate

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers