Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Trump signs bill reinstating the FAA’s drone registration requirement

For those just registering, be careful. There are a lot of commercial spoof sites that are NOT "faa.gov" they are '.net or .com' sites. They may or may not be legit and some are offering to make process easier, provide labels , etc, for more money. Don't be fooled. Using FAA site is easy.

If i don't register to the FAA's. What will be my consequences?

From the FAA website...

Is there a penalty for failing to register?

Failure to register an unmanned aircraft that is required to be registered may result in regulatory and criminal penalties. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.

There is no one-size-fits-all enforcement action for violations. All aspects of a violation will be considered, along with mitigating and aggravating circumstances surrounding the violation. In general, the FAA will attempt to educate operators who fail to comply with registration requirements. However, fines will remain an option when egregious circumstances are present.

Well I’m legal now. Registered today..sucks we have to though
It's not sooo bad, is it?

Here in Germany we have to attach fire proof metal stickers with names and contact information on them, instead of registering in the way you have to in the US. I would rather your situation, as now: (i) my Spark looks ugly with the stupid sticker and (ii) it cost me about 40 USD to get all the stickers I needed for my drones. That was a kick in knackers.

It's not sooo bad, is it?

Here in Germany we have to attach fire proof metal stickers with names and contact information on them, instead of registering in the way you have to in the US. I would rather your situation, as now: (i) my Spark looks ugly with the stupid sticker and (ii) it cost me about 40 USD to get all the stickers I needed for my drones. That was a kick in knackers.
Can you post a picture of your metalized spark?

There is NO good reason for the Govt. to require registering. Its not like there are transponders on the UAVs that can be tracked with Radar.
Just more intrusive federal policies. Mark my word, it will only get more intrusive and start to cost more.This is just like the Gun Control Debate. If they are all registered, then they Tax you more or Come and take them. I could understand a License, but this is just a way for them o get more money. Does this also apply to RC Planes ?

the FAA said. “Ownership identification helps promote safe and responsible drone operation and is a key component to full integration.”

Someone explain to me how registering makes it safer ?

My safe operation is based on the idea, I don't want to lose a $400 piece of equipment.

Reactions: Aran and ccolt1
There is NO good reason for the Govt. to require registering. Its not like there are transponders on the UAVs that can be tracked with Radar.
Just more intrusive federal policies. Mark my word, it will only get more intrusive and start to cost more.This is just like the Gun Control Debate. If they are all registered, then they Tax you more or Come and take them. I could understand a License, but this is just a way for them o get more money. Does this also apply to RC Planes ?

the FAA said. “Ownership identification helps promote safe and responsible drone operation and is a key component to full integration.”

Someone explain to me how registering makes it safer ?

My safe operation is based on the idea, I don't want to lose a $400 piece of equipment.
It's all a matter of opinion here, most of us will probably never be put in a situation where registration will be needed, and so we won't want it or need it. It's for the few who might in the future abuse their drone, operate under ignorance, or just in general be a human being (happens sometimes). With registration of anything, anywhere, you have to include everyone in it or people just get ugly, if we require only 18 and older to register for something everyone has because they pose the most risk, or those with red hair cause we have no soul (I'm a ginger and I've never found out where that came from) then those who have to register revolt and/or don't register in the first place, this is simply covering all bases as a just in case measure. Simple solution, stay within the laws of the land, and you will never have any reason to remember you put the number there, they're put there for us.
Side note: If you lose your drone and you have a number marked on it, someone can find it and request info on how to return it to you.

Anyone else have any trouble registering? The site won't take my credit card or debit card? I've gone through the process numerous times to make sure all the cc information is correct. Amazon doesn't seem to have problems with them, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe