Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tradkimo GPS pet vs regular

I use the Trackimo Drone version on all my DJI platforms. When using it on top of the Spark it has to be affixed at the perfect spot or the props will hit it.

When using it on top of the Spark it has to be affixed at the perfect spot or the props will hit it.
I haven't tried the pet version yet, but the other version linked above always touches the props no matter where I place it on top of my Spark.

I haven't tried the pet version yet, but the other version linked above always touches the props no matter where I place it on top of my Spark.
The trick is to double or triple up on the velcro so the props pass below the Trackimo

That sounds super sketchy :)

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to try the smaller, circular pet tracker for reasons listed above. Should be a better fit for the small spark. I'll post pics once I set it up.

KNAVE, did you end up getting the Trackimo Mini (circular pet tracker). If so, can you post picts of where and how you attached it to your spark?

Cool, thanks for posting those! Have you noticed any affect on the stability of the Spark? Did you mount it where you did to not cover your “8” sticker? If you didn’t have any stickers on it would you have mounted it more centered to all 4 props?

Cool, thanks for posting those! Have you noticed any affect on the stability of the Spark? Did you mount it where you did to not cover your “8” sticker? If you didn’t have any stickers on it would you have mounted it more centered to all 4 props?
I did mount it slightly further back for that reason. I have not noticed any flight changes. It only weighs 3/4 of an ounce. It also fits mounted inside this case I use. 20170909_214507.jpg

I’ve tested the Trackimo 3G and both versions of the Marco Polo (RC and pet) using Phantoms and Mavics...they both have their pros and cons.

The Trackimo is a bit big for the Spark and can present some mounting challenges as previously mentioned...if you live in the USA do NOT buy the (cheaper) 2G version as that technology is being phased out by cell phone companies. The sellers of 2G units don’t really disclose that to people in America.

In any event you must be operating in an area with compatible cell coverage.

One additional benefit of the Trackimo 3G is it also has a BlueTooth transmitter that can be activated when you get close to zero in on the drone.

The Marco Polo RC unit is the smallest, lightest tracker with 1-2 mile range, does not require cell coverage/connection and has the handheld tracking unit. It is very accurate and easy to use. No subscription, ever. One handheld can be paired with up to 3 transmitters.

The pet version is larger than the RC variant but very weather-resistant.

While the 3G Trackimo or the Marco Polo may be a great idea for Mavic or higher priced drones, I don't see the logic of spending $200 (plus monthly fee for the Trackino) for either of these in order to reduce the risk of losing my Spark + battery ($400, was $350 during the holidays at Target). The Trackimo pet finder ($80 plus $60 per year) seems a bit better, but still that is some pretty expensive insurance. Consider that even if you find your AC, it may be in pieces or under water. For $60/year State Farm (in USA) will replace my Spark.

I welcome any contrary opinions.

Last edited:
I have that case too and like because it fits inside the bag with the remote that came with the flymore. I didn't like putting spark in bag without and protection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme