Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Too scared to ask

Paul60

Join
Oct 24, 2017
I'm wary to ask questions on this forum.

Like millions of other topic related forums, I am constantly reminded that;

'GOGGLE IS YOUR FRIEND' ???? WTF ????

I ask,

Are forums becoming redundant ?

Last edited:
And the commie, globalist run 'Goggle' is not, and never will be my friend !

Of course not, but forums are for when you've already done at least little effort to try and find information by yourself but still have further questions you could not find answers about.
When it's obvious you didn't even try to find info by yourself people often consider you're not worth them wasting their time doing your part of the effort, especially if they also have to forcibly pull the relevant info out of you. The closer you show you managed to come to the solution on your own and the more details you give the more people are likely to be willing to help you with the missing bits.

Don't forget it's people answering here. Their time is valuable. When you ask a basic question and expect someone to take 15 minutes of their time to explain you something you could have found on your own quicker you just come up as a slacker.

So if you've done some effort make it known and explain what you went through and where you get stuck.

Last edited:
Yup, duckduckgo.com IS my friend however, since they DO believe in privacy and don't track squat (or so they claim). No ads in search results to eat data and slow things down (once turned off in settings that is). I love it. Screw google and all they stand for... now to get rid of my gmail accts :-/

Not at all. If your results are like mine, the search results (Google) include forum threads from different sites. So if forums weren't used the search results would be less likely to provide answers for you.

For example, about 2 weeks ago I was unable to download any "Offline Map". The search results returned a long thread on this in the DJI Mavic forum. A lot of other users were experiencing this issue. I put my 2 cent comment in and began following the thread.. DJI finally determined the problem wasn't with the 4.1.10 Android update but was caused by the Here Maps server. This past weekend DJI fixed the server and now Offline Map is working again.

Reactions: Kilrah
I agree with 99% of your response.

But lets be honest, your statement regarding "...Their time is valuable..." Is that really true when it comes to someone reading through forums? Especially one that is hobby related? IMO, people who "surf" forums (including myself) have spare time otherwise, we'd be doing something else instead of sitting in front of computer on a hobby forum.

And the thing I've found is, the people that post; "Use the search function on this forum or Google it first"... are usually the ones that hang-out on a forum, replying to lots of threads whether they add any value to it or not.

If I understand the OP's question, I do think given the type of drone the Spark is, you are going to get alot of the same question when compared to something like the InspirePilots forum. The way DJI has marketed the Spark as a "any man's drone" leads to alot of first timers on this forum. I've posted on forums before a question that would seem like its been answered a dozen times before, but I'll clarify that I've googled it, I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to a specific set of circumstances....

Of course not, but forums are for when you've already done at least little effort to try and find information by yourself but still have further questions you could not find answers about.
When it's obvious you didn't even try to find info by yourself people often consider you're not worth them wasting their time doing your part of the effort, especially if they also have to forcibly pull the relevant info out of you. The closer you show you managed to come to the solution on your own and the more details you give the more people are likely to be willing to help you with the missing bits.

Don't forget it's people answering here. Their time is valuable. When you ask a basic question and expect someone to take 15 minutes of their time to explain you something you could have found on your own quicker you just come up as a slacker.

So if you've done some effort make it known and explain what you went through and where you get stuck.

There's a lot of info available through your humble Google search, but sometimes you have to wade through layers of rubbish to get to the good stuff. It's always my first stop but sometimes it's nice to just have a chat

Reactions: hendywidodo
IMO, people who "surf" forums (including myself) have spare time otherwise, we'd be doing something else instead of sitting in front of computer on a hobby forum.
Sure, but even if it's for fun it starts becoming way less fun when you're answering the exact same thing for the 10th time.And since you'd have to go search for the last time you've posted it, the guy can just as well do that himself once told it's somewhere there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers