Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tic Tac flights

Koala Tails

Join
May 14, 2018
A short drive from my home is small pond, its best feature is that it’s rare to find anybody there.
GoPro Splice
I’m still not comfortable flying over water, when editing this I realised I was too worried about Tic Tac swimming, to concentrate on smooth turns.

Last edited:
Reactions: graywoulf
SD card. I had trouble uploading, as a work around I did a screen record of the edit. Still wouldn’t upload! By the time I got it sorted I had multiple versions. I used the wrong 1.

Good idea to abort that mission. Good video of the reflections and ducks in slo-mo. I would consider flying over water but not until I get flotation gear.

Thanks Graywoulf. I plan to revisit that pond, but not try to fly under the bridge. After the event I realised how dumb an idea it was. I probably would have lost all GPS, the metal in the concrete could screw up the compass, too far into the tunnel the controller signal may be blocked causing a RTH.
I was sooo lucky!
Flying over water is not difficult, what helps to keep the anxiety level down is to, check everything is perfect before flying, keep the altitude reasonable, don’t stretch the battery life.

Dont go trough tunnels koala or under bridges. Check my other videos i even fly over seas. Over water should not be a problem i think

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers