Strange issue with DJI Go 4 4.1.15 with Galaxy S9+

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jim Nielsen, May 26, 2018.

1. Jim Nielsen

Jim Nielsen Active Member

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and it's a real joy to view the feed on the bigger ultra-hires screen. But something weird is happening.

I'm connected to a remote controller...so I never lose control of the spark, but for some reason (usually when I'm descending) the DJI Go 4 app just goes away. It's still running, but I'm back at the home screen. If I wait a few seconds, I can go right back into it...but it keeps recording and the spark is still under my control.

I was at the highest graphics setting, so I thought maybe I needed to turn that down to medium settings. But it still happened... only once though...whereas at the higher res it happened multiple times... I haven't tried the lowest graphics setting yet.

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, any ideas/suggestions on what to do? I'm happy that it's still working and recording, but it's really frustrating...and awkward to have to re-open it...

I had a Galaxy S6 before and this never happened.

2. Andrew O

Andrew O New Member

I have the S9+ and it works well for me
    try to hide the S9 bottom buttons from the screen with a double tap on the taskbar dot, so it does not interfere with the Go4

3. Jim Nielsen

Jim Nielsen Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion. It usually happens while I'm just on the remote and not touching the screen. But I guess it's possible that where the phone is being held by the RC it might be doing that. I'll give it a try...

4. landude

landude Member

I think there are power settings to keep apps alive longer, you may what to look there.