Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sparky's Latest Adventures - Pretty Place and Bald Rock

Rekanix

Join
Feb 27, 2018
Sparky and I made a trip to the mountains, and this was our latest video. I made it with iMovie - the last movie I made had a jittery effect in certain places (truck moving was jerky), and one user said it was because the iMovie frame rate didn't match DJI Spark's frame rate. I tried to figure out out to change the frame rate in iMovie to match what I was told is 29.97? I couldn't figure out a way - does anyone else know how to change it in iMovie?

I did notice what looks like a rolling shutter in parts of the video, and I'm not sure why that's there? But what I did to try and smooth out the video is to use iMovie's stabilizer and rolling shutter feature on EVERY clip in the movie. Is there a better way? And also, I'm always up for critique! How can I make the next one better?

Thanks for watching!

Sparky and I made a trip to the mountains, and this was our latest video. I made it with iMovie - the last movie I made had a jittery effect in certain places (truck moving was jerky), and one user said it was because the iMovie frame rate didn't match DJI Spark's frame rate. I tried to figure out out to change the frame rate in iMovie to match what I was told is 29.97? I couldn't figure out a way - does anyone else know how to change it in iMovie?

I did notice what looks like a rolling shutter in parts of the video, and I'm not sure why that's there? But what I did to try and smooth out the video is to use iMovie's stabilizer and rolling shutter feature on EVERY clip in the movie. Is there a better way? And also, I'm always up for critique! How can I make the next one better?

Thanks for watching!

Was this the app for iMovie or the Mac version. Looks good to me but I’m a full on rookie when it comes to editing video

Was that all shot on Spark? Some of the shots seem razor sharp, others murky as hell... is that due to the rendering in iMovie, or is it due to slow adjustment of Spark autofocus or so? Btw, enjoyed watching the movie!

Was that all shot on Spark? Some of the shots seem razor sharp, others murky as hell... is that due to the rendering in iMovie, or is it due to slow adjustment of Spark autofocus or so? Btw, enjoyed watching the movie!
Thanks for the compliment! Everything was done on the Spark - some media was pictures that I took in flight (I think that’s the clearest images you see), and the video was done on Spark as well - movie created on iMac with iMovie.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Thanks for the compliment! Everything was done on the Spark - some media was pictures that I took in flight (I think that’s the clearest images you see), and the video was done on Spark as well - movie created on iMac with iMovie.
Oh, and a couple of images were taken with my iPhone X - I forgot about those.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers