Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Range

John Car

Join
May 27, 2017
Are they saying 1.3 mile range with the controller is that correct? That is still an incredible distance. Is that line of site?

Are they saying 1.3 mile range with the controller is that correct? That is still an incredible distance. Is that line of site?
Correct...with controller.

No way will >1 mile be VLOS with a tiny drone like the Spark. In good conditions I can see Phantoms at 2500', 1/2 mile. My son has eagle eyes and can see them at 3500'. when they are invisible to me Surprisingly the Mavic is a little more visible for me. Can see at 3000' and once at nearly 3500'. The Spark will probably be hard to see at 2000'. All these numbers are for pretty much perfect conditions. Often I have trouble seeing Mavic or Phantom at 1500'.

Reactions: mick92780
VLOS if you throw a strobe on it! :)

No way will >1 mile be VLOS with a tiny drone like the Spark. In good conditions I can see Phantoms at 2500', 1/2 mile. My son has eagle eyes and can see them at 3500'. when they are invisible to me Surprisingly the Mavic is a little more visible for me. Can see at 3000' and once at nearly 3500'. The Spark will probably be hard to see at 2000'. All these numbers are for pretty much perfect conditions. Often I have trouble seeing Mavic or Phantom at 1500'.

I routinely get to 4000' or so but since i fly mostly over water and from a boat I haven't tried to push any further.

The key is to maintain line of sight so signal isn't interrupted

As to visual line of sight, I don't even bother looking at it unless within 100' to take off or land

Reactions: Nick C.
Maybe I m not getting what you re trying to explain but the RC antennas need to be perpendicular, their flat sides towards the spark. The antennas should not be flat to the spark

If the spark is some distance from you the antennas should be pretty much vertical. If it's overhead they should be close to horizontal

The manual is kind of confusing on this subject.

iqflK+

It's perfectly possible to get distances above 2km or 1.3 miles, also in CE regions, here is the proof:

Cheers!

I routinely get to 4000' or so but since i fly mostly over water and from a boat I haven't tried to push any further.

The key is to maintain line of sight so signal isn't interrupted

As to visual line of sight, I don't even bother looking at it unless within 100' to take off or land
Line of sight is one key, other than flying under 400 feet to keep FAA happy. The stupid moron violators are going to cause more strict rules and ruin the hobby for everyone.

Line of sight is one key, other than flying under 400 feet to keep FAA happy. The stupid moron violators are going to cause more strict rules and ruin the hobby for everyone.
Lol, yeah right.... What makes you think every one on this forum is from the US and under FAA regulation, what makes you think no one have legit permission to fly outside LOS?
Ignorance and fear of new technologies has always been the hindrence for development.

Lol, yeah right.... What makes you think every one on this forum is from the US and under FAA regulation, what makes you think no one have legit permission to fly outside LOS?
Ignorance and fear of new technologies has always been the hindrence for development.
What makes you think that I think everyone on this forum is from the US and that nobody has legitimate permission to fly outside LOS? Even where you are from has drone regulations. Assumption is the mother of all screw ups. Dumb ***.

Can you point me to any CE region country with UAV laws in place that allow BVLOS operation without an OSC from that countries Civil Aviation Authority (which would not be granted on a Spark airframe due to lack of redundancy?)
I am genuinely interested to know - Thanks

Can you point me to any CE region country with UAV laws in place that allow BVLOS operation without an OSC from that countries Civil Aviation Authority (which would not be granted on a Spark airframe due to lack of redundancy?)
I am genuinely interested to know - Thanks
Not your fault... bad genetics.

What makes you think that I think everyone on this forum is from the US and that nobody has legitimate permission to fly outside LOS? Even where you are from has drone regulations. Assumption is the mother of all screw ups. Dumb ***.
Well, you refer to anybody not flying according to your local regulations as "stupid morons" so that gave me a hint.... Of course there are regulations in all countries/regions but they are not all the same and by far not all look like the FAA rules. End of of my participation in this pointless debate....

Reactions: slaturuguay

Well, you refer to anybody not flying according to your local regulations as "stupid morons" so that gave me a hint.... Of course there are regulations in all countries/regions but they are not all the same and by far not all look like the FAA rules. End of of my participation in this pointless debate....
National and international. Yes, you can have the last word.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme