Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark portable charging station just showed up on YouTube.

Mikewired

Join
Nov 16, 2017
This just appeared on youtube. A portable charging station that charges the spark with the battery on it and 2 more batteries.
When can we get them?

Attachments

• E95E0683-B8C3-41B3-9F82-514537AA2979.jpeg
    E95E0683-B8C3-41B3-9F82-514537AA2979.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 262
  • 901E3EBA-0AEA-40BE-93BA-ACDB91DA6543.jpeg
    901E3EBA-0AEA-40BE-93BA-ACDB91DA6543.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 269
$89, available now at the DJI store.

Looks cool.

Look for more "custom case's" to roll out from manufacturers to accommodate the fly more combo, etc.

I'm still shopping for that perfect case and now this charger comes out.

Ugh.;)

The Spark portable charging station is now available here in the DJI Store. The current estimated ship time is 10-15 days after paying, so it looks like they aren't shipping just yet.

Check out this article for more details about the charging station. Also, there is a "Spark Portable Station" manual available on the Spark downloads page.

Reactions: 1buddyc
...and it's been known to catch fire! Not kidding unfortunately.

But yes, while the DJI station looks sleek it's got a few too many drawbacks. If you really need to recharge in the field, the flymore charger and the RavPower 20700 AC pack probably makes more sense.

...and it's been known to catch fire! Not kidding unfortunately.

But yes, while the DJI station looks sleek it's got a few too many drawbacks. If you really need to recharge in the field, the flymore charger and the RavPower 20700 AC pack probably makes more sense.
Do you have any links or proof of that? I haven't seen that anywhere?

See here Log In or Sign Up to View on Facebook

23519174_10155960338063112_8811735924909252920_n1.jpg

Thats perty day'm schlick!!!! Thanks for sharing that, just one more thing I'll have to have now... (dern ya).
This would come only a couple of weeks after finding the ideal fly more case. Hmm, might have to get the hobby knife out for some case mods, lol.

The only possible issue i could foresee is making sure its always charged and ready to go at s moments notice. I wonder how its battery will hold up during long periods of inactivity.

Its a sharp looking doo-hickey though!

Last edited:
Yeah no details given but it shouldn't happen even if the user did something he shouldn't have and other than exposing it to heat I'm not sure what it could be honestly, it's just a charger after all.

The link doesn’t work for me and I have an FB account...

IMO, one case of a melted station/bar doesn’t scare me off. Show me several cases and I’m concerned. Without seeing the article or claim, its hard to say what the issue is.

I use my multi-charger all over the place without issues...

So you own one ?

As for the FB link it is for the Spark group which might require one to join so that would explain it. Actually I'd recommend that anyone who owns an FB accound and a Spark should join, lots of useful info over there. As for the Smatree, even if that thing melted down once it's once too many, can't say I've ever heard of that happen to a battery pack like the RavPowers, Xiaomis, etc...

Reactions: dirceu86
My car charging kit (2 batteries, drone via USB and controller) charges 3 batteries and controller in less than 60mins.... well controller always takes more juice. And the car charger only cost $15 lol. Can get a battery bank and run an adaptor lead for the car charger kit and still charge in way less time...

Does look cool tho. If they got the charge time down and capacity for the power bank up then it would be worth while buying.

Does this new charger fits into the bag of the combo ? If yes this is very clever. Fly, charge while moving to another place then repeat...
I guess charging time is more or less the same as the combo charger. The specs says 3 hours for charging 3 batteries + the charger batterie. But 1h35 to charge the charger battery itself. That leaves 1h25 for the 3 spark batteries. The box is smart enought to start with the spark batteries then charge itself...
Spec of combo charger says 1h30 for 3 batteries... wich is about the same.

I think I have a standard charger for sale :)

Reactions: Sparkforlive
Does this new charger fits into the bag of the combo?
There isn't much room left over in the bag when putting just the naked Spark in it, so I don't think this charger is going to fit.

DJI made this case to hold the Spark, portable charger, and the Spark remote controller. And there are no doubt a slew of other 3rd party bags that would work.
medium_27858dc4-15c6-4650-8e9c-0787d38f43d9.jpg
medium_8ade132f-3334-4b41-825f-1f51c37bd714.jpg

Reactions: Funnone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe