Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark OTG Cable soon officially supported, probably next Go App Version

Dilf

Join
Jan 5, 2018
Loc
Sweden
I found this on the Internets.
Looks like OTG Cable on the Spark is coming soon officially.

post-45042-0-83797600-1516552226.png

Reactions: Martinhc
The text in the bottom translated to English:

For the connection with the Spark remote a USB-OTG cable is required.
The Spark remote will be able to connect via USB-OTG cable to a crystalsky monitor an any other mobile devices shortly.

Reactions: Bubbles!!!
Was about to have to go to Google for that lol
The text in the bottom translated to English:

For the connection with the Spark remote a USB-OTG cable is required.
The Spark remote will be able to connect via USB-OTG cable to a crystalsky monitor an any other mobile devices shortly.

Reactions: Andy S
Just kidding but maybe that is going to be the big announcement by DJI on the 23rd.

No new drone, just OTG support :D.

It’s just the connector for Crystal Sky, isn’t it?

Yeah talked to my Dji Rep who basically said that the OTG was coming officially and they where not going to but have to because of everyone doing it as was working...

2 days ago I got a message from DJI Support that OTG was not supposed for Spark to android or to their Crystal Sky. All vert confusing. I hope it will be soon as I much prefer the OTG connection. WiFi is just one more wireless interference opening in areas where ther are may WiFi networks.

Yeah, but the text at the bottom is new.
"The Spark remote will be able to connect via USB-OTG cable to a crystalsky monitor an any other mobile devices shortly."
I was referring to the text at the bottom

Interesting confusing find. :)

I saw reports online the the IOS app v4.2.4 released yesterday fixed a lot of the OTG issues - anyone else confirm this yet?

I saw reports online the the IOS app v4.2.4 released yesterday fixed a lot of the OTG issues - anyone else confirm this yet?
Haven’t flown, but otg works now. Just connected it up.

Haven’t flown, but otg works now. Just connected it up.

It's been a while since I used mine, not home now to try, but do the function buttons remain set with the OTG this time or does it reset like before in between battery changes?

It's been a while since I used mine, not home now to try, but do the function buttons remain set with the OTG this time or does it reset like before in between battery changes?

Yeah, they do. I have camera settings on one of them, and it came right up.

I’ve never used OTG as I’ve never had an issue, but I’m going to give it a try on Friday and see how it compares.

Reactions: Andy S
Anybody know if this cable will work?

https://www.amazon.com/Rantow-Braided-Cables-Remote-Controller/dp/B0721425GF

Description says: "Nylon Braided remote controller cables for DJI Mavic Pro drone. NOTE: Please don't use it for DJI Spark Drone remote controller."

Comments say though:
" Yes it does work for the spark."
" I'm using it with my Spark...works great!!"
" Yes I use the two I purchased with the DJI Spark."
"I ordered the 20.7 cm Micro USB to Lightning cable. This cable DOES work with my Spark controller! The cable is an OTG adapter, one end connects to the Spark controller, the other directly into my iPhone or my iPad.!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh