Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark is worth?

NicoCaldo

Join
Nov 16, 2017
So, Im coming from a yuneec breeze 4k and I would like to upgrade my filming gear (and an amateur not a professional so I don't need perfect quality) for aerial shot with the breeze.
As soon as I had problem with the breeze about disconnection from the smartphone and some problems on take off I need some more informations about the Sparks.
Is it safe to fly? I want to buy the flight more combo, so with the controller, and I'm wondering if it has problems with fly away, strange take off, losing signal and more?
The video camera is good? I know it films in 1080p but how much is the bitrate?
I think with the controller you should go high and far away from the take off point? Anyone had issue going too far or too high?
can I connect my iPad 4 to the controller?
Thanks if you're going to answer
Appreciated

I'm a big noob in all of this but I have some observations.
In good light video quality is great for the size sensor we're dealing with.
Fly-aways ATTI mode can be alleviated with proper ground work=calibration, lots of sat's registered, avoiding large metallic objects nearby, etc.
Huge part of the 'safe to flly' is up to you the operator.
Yes to iPad mini-4, that's what I and many others use. I'm probably one of the few who don't use the OTG cable. I never plan to fly where I cannot see the drone-just me.

I'm a big noob in all of this but I have some observations.
In good light video quality is great for the size sensor we're dealing with.
Fly-aways ATTI mode can be alleviated with proper ground work=calibration, lots of sat's registered, avoiding large metallic objects nearby, etc.
Huge part of the 'safe to flly' is up to you the operator.
Yes to iPad mini-4, that's what I and many others use. I'm probably one of the few who don't use the OTG cable. I never plan to fly where I cannot see the drone-just me.
I would buy the spark for the large range, so up to 100/200m height and 3/400m away from the starting point.
So it's preferable to not fly on residential zone or where there are s lot of houses, wifi free zone, electric line etc right? (It sounds the same to fly with the breeze haha)

Spark is worth it if you force it into FCC mode.
If you keep it locked in CE mode it will behave like a toy, but if you're coming up from a breeze then you're going to be happy.

Reactions: NicoCaldo
My sparky is rock solid in ce mode. Video is just ok but I do have phantom 4pro too. However still photos, panoramic and spheres are fantastic with photoshop manipulations. This is my 15th drone and I love it, the rest of the stable are gathering dust

I'm very noob. What's FCC and CE?
Basically it means if the drone is in FCC mode you get longer range, and more stable video while flying beyond a few hundred meters.
By default the spark knows its in Europe so it forces CE mode, which reduces the power of the transmission signal and equates to a shorter range and less reliable connection.

If you don't need the extra range, and have humble needs it might not be a problem, as I said if you are coming from a Breeze I doubt you'll have anything complaints for the spark.

Spark is worth it if you force it into FCC mode.
If you keep it locked in CE mode it will behave like a toy, but if you're coming up from a breeze then you're going to be happy.

That’s not remotely true. The behaviour characteristics are exactly the same. The only difference is the distance.

That’s not remotely true. The behaviour characteristics are exactly the same. The only difference is the distance.

No its not.

The hack does many additional things such as increased speed, descent, ascent all of which when used in moderation make the drone a lot more fun and IMO safer if used right, even if all it did is increase range, that's a pretty big thing when the drone was disconnecting a lot of the time or having stuttering video which made smooth shots difficult at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav