Spark deal or Parrot Anafi?

Discussion in 'Spark Discussions' started by thewhatever, Jun 10, 2018.

1. thewhatever

thewhatever Active Member

Looks like the Parrot Anafi is a fantastic drone with 4K, HDR and zoom, but it was supposed to be out on 1st of July and now I see on B&H it's for October!
    Meanwhile it will be about 300$ more expensive than Spark, and actually I can get a Spark with the remote controller and an additional battery for 400$ (b&H)
    So is the Spark enough for a newbie or should I wait for Anafi?

2. perrylawrence

perrylawrence Member

As someone who has owned a 3DR Solo and now a Spark, the Spark is all you need.

Fiete and [email protected] like this.
  3. Koala Tails

Koala Tails Active Member

The Anafi looks like a great drone. I would adopt a “wait & see” policy before buying one as my 1st drone. Let a few YouTube drone critics fly an Anafi for a week or so. They will tell everyone what Parrot have got right, & wrong with their latest design. The No.1 fault so far is lack of obstacle avoidance, my thought is with the camera zoom ability, the need to fly close to potential hazards is reduced.
    Eg Zoom the camera in & make it look as if you have avoided disaster by the barest of margins, when the drone never was flown that close. Fake the dramatic shot that has many pilots on the drone fail compilation.
    I like the spark for its simplicity, I don’t believe that would use the extra abilities the more expensive drones have.

#3 Koala Tails, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  4. Shewie007

Shewie007 New Member

Anafi on paper is even better than Mavic Air so why is the question?
    I've already preordered one for myself. It's certainly a dron for someone with experience. DJI drones are idiotproof with lots of general geo limitations and handy obstacle avoidance sensors which Anafi lacks. Is you are confident with DJI parrot is a next step.

5. perrylawrence

perrylawrence Member

OP’s question was which is best for a newbie. Based on that, I do believe Spark or even Trelo would be best.

6. Shewie007

Shewie007 New Member

If he is really new into drones, Spark is a no brainer. Anafi for sure is for advanced pilots.

7. thewhatever

Yes it's my very first drone, I am though a good amateur photograph and I will wait to see what Anafi Raw can give compared to Spark, more resolution doesn't mean automatically better IQ, so i think ''let's wait and see'' the reviews is the best thing to do.
    BTW only B&H are saying October 3rd for release date, Amazon and Parrot shop are still showing 2nd of July, perhaps a B&H bug?

8. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

There will always be a new product on the way but when do you want it? If you want to take amazing aerial video, but a p4p. If you want to take your drone with you anywhere, in your luggage, buy a Spark. But if you just want to play with a drone, buy a $20 Cheerson and fly it around the house.

9. thewhatever

Well, as it's overcrowded by wifi in the city and anyway it's forbidden by the army here in Lebanon, it will be at the mountains, when I will go jogging near my summer house, and ski in winter.
    Phantom 3 pro and newer are amazing but too big for my potential usage, even though I would like to take some photos too

10. idbl_fanatic

idbl_fanatic Well-Known Member

Anafi also has not obstacle avoidance

11. thewhatever

I watched a video supposedly taken with the Anafi yesterday on youtube, I was not impressed, not as sharp as Spark and many chromatic aberration on boats. Though it could be a troll who took the footage with another drone like Bebop 2 and used Anafi in the title for views count trap on his youtube...

12. burma419

burma419 Member

The Spark would be the way to go. It's a very durable fun drone. You won't be disappointed

#12 burma419, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:53 PM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018 at 9:22 PM
  13. John Harvey

John Harvey Well-Known Member

For a newbie,, and best price, Spark is the way to go,,,:)

14. netfolks2000

netfolks2000 Active Member

I have a Tello and a Mavic Pro Platinum and I must say my Spark has a definite nitch in my little "arsenal" of drones. It is so agile, quick, peppy, and easy to throw up for a quick flight that I end up carrying it around on my property more than the others. It flies like a Mavic, but has the ease of use like a Tello, very good in wind and stable in flight. I think it is the perfect first drone at a great price.

15. Sparky007

Sparky007 New Member

It’s more than enough for a new person.

16. thewhatever

B&H changed the offer again, now its with a controller but no additional battery, they change the Spark offer every 3 days or what?