Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark battery won't charge

Join
Dec 30, 2017
I'm a new Spark owner and I noticed today that one of my batteries won't take a charge. At the most, I have 12 minutes of fly time on it. Never crashed or dropped. when I put it the the 3 battery charger, it blinks two green lights every now and then and then the green light on the charger turns red. The battery was cold when i put it on charge and didn't heat up at all. Has anyone experienced this problem
?

Sounds like a battery firmware mismatch issue.

Continue to charge the faulty battery by putting it on the battery charging panels, it won't show as charging , but it will be doing so in the background.
You can't let the battery discharge while it's in the error state otherwise it will be bricked.

After about 2 hours of charging try updating the AC with the faulty battery using the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC, this might allow you to refresh the battery firmware and reset it back to normal

Thanks Iannes!

I charged it for 2 hrs, put it in the drone and tried hooking it up to DJI Assistant 2 and nothing happened. It wouldn't boot up in the Spark and I'm guessing that is why I couldn't connect.

I'll keep fooling around with it and I appreciate your help!

same here Mark, have you tried used up all batteries and charge normal battery at 1st slot and 'broken' battery at 2nd slot?
Hi ichydi,

Yes, i have tried moving it around to different slots but no luck. I also tried charging it with the micro usb port in the back of the drone. No luck there either. I've contacted DJI support and they say the battery is defective and they are wondering if it was crashed. I know it wasn't crashed. I'm starting to wonder if it turned itself on when I slid it into the Spark case. I did slide a battery in once and the back of the case pushed in the switch. I saw the light on and turned it off. maybe that happened and I didn't notice the light and it somehow drained completely? I hope to get this resolved soon.

I'm starting to wonder if it turned itself on when I slid it into the Spark case. I did slide a battery in once and the back of the case pushed in the switch. I saw the light on and turned it off. maybe that happened and I didn't notice the light and it somehow drained completely?

Wow didn't even know this was possible, just tried it, and you can actually turn on the battery out of the Spark

Hi ichydi,

Yes, i have tried moving it around to different slots but no luck. I also tried charging it with the micro usb port in the back of the drone. No luck there either. I've contacted DJI support and they say the battery is defective and they are wondering if it was crashed. I know it wasn't crashed. I'm starting to wonder if it turned itself on when I slid it into the Spark case. I did slide a battery in once and the back of the case pushed in the switch. I saw the light on and turned it off. maybe that happened and I didn't notice the light and it somehow drained completely? I hope to get this resolved soon.

Try starting the AC and RC as you would normally do when you are about to fly, don't use the DJI Assistant 2

Turn on RC, turn on the DJI Go 4 app , make sure they are connected via the Spark RC wi-fi and at the end turn on the AC with the faulty battery, try the double press but hold the second press longer, this may trigger a battery refresh within the DJI Go 4 app

Hi ichydi,

i've tried too yesterday and it doesn't work, it flashing green so weak when its charged and not as bright as another battery. still looking for another solution

i've tried too yesterday and it doesn't work, it flashing green so weak when its charged and not as bright as another battery. still looking for another solution

Don't let the faulty battery discharge, otherwise it won't have a power source to revise the corrupted firmware on it, it will be well and truly dead then. Have you just tried turning everything on to see if there is a firmware refresh in DJI Go 4 (have DJI Go 4 on and connected to the RC) before you try to power up the AC. The faulty battery must have close to a full charge when trying this.

Since you haven't had any luck with the charging dock, try charging the battery in the Spark and connect it to a 2 amp phone charger, keep this on charge for around 5 hours, then try the start up again

Have you tried to downgrade the Sparks firmware with a different battery using the Assistance Software? You remove the good battery after the firmware downgrade is successful, then install the battery that won't charge, which should give you a inconsistent, or battery firmware mismatch error and you let the downgraded firmware fix it.

The key is to get the battery to fix itself on the downgraded firmware before it goes dead and then charge the battery before you once again upgrade the firmware on the Spark to the most current firmware, attempting to let the fixed battery update once again.

I have a spark battery and I’ve got the centre two lights stuck on. If I press the button it does nothing. I’ve tried connecting it to the spark but it will not turn on at all. I’ve also tried plugging it into the three hub charger but no joy there either. Has anyone got any ideas to try. I’ve probably used this battery around 5 to 10 times max. It spends more time in the charger being refreshed than I actually use it.

I only noticed the problem after I had flown the spark. I did go very low on the battery as I did not realise how windy it was and it took a lot longer to get back than I had allowed so the battery level had dropped below 10% but I don’t know if this is why I have the error or if it’s sonething else entirely what’s caused the problem. I can only hope someone knows how do I fix it or it looks like another call the dji help desk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe