Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Acting Crazy! What should I do?

Chris Andrews

Join
Jun 26, 2017
Ok. Any ideas what is wrong? I start up my spark, Connected to the remote via wifi. I launch the spark. Then... my spark starts like...hesitating and dropping. I press up on the left stick and it goes up about a foot and the drops like 3 feet. Its hitting the ground..bouncing back up. Its going crazy. Then another issue. Once it "calms down" I take it up to about fifty feet. Then when I press down on the left stick (just a bit) it drops like 20 feet FAST. Thankfully I could stop it by pressing up on the left stick all the way. It recovered. one weird thing was that once it fell on its own my height was displaying a negative height on my screen. Could this all be an issue with the sensors? Anyone experience this before? What would you suggest I do?

Have you ever crashed your Spark? Are you using 3rd party props? Did it always fly like this?

Reactions: BrilhasMuito
Have you ever crashed your Spark? Are you using 3rd party props? Did it always fly like this?

No I haven't crashed it. It hasn't always acted like this. This is a new problem. I am using the original props. To try and fix it, today I calibrated the IMU, Compass, and Remote Sticks. I will test it a bit later to see if it solves the issue.

Battery showing as okay?

I've had similar behaviour where the drone dropped fast and barely gaining any altitude with Phantom 2 before, it was due to the battery being dead and can't provide enough power.

Ok. Any ideas what is wrong? I start up my spark, Connected to the remote via wifi. I launch the spark. Then... my spark starts like...hesitating and dropping. I press up on the left stick and it goes up about a foot and the drops like 3 feet. Its hitting the ground..bouncing back up. Its going crazy. Then another issue. Once it "calms down" I take it up to about fifty feet. Then when I press down on the left stick (just a bit) it drops like 20 feet FAST. Thankfully I could stop it by pressing up on the left stick all the way. It recovered. one weird thing was that once it fell on its own my height was displaying a negative height on my screen. Could this all be an issue with the sensors? Anyone experience this before? What would you suggest I do?
This would be possible to check by retrieving the .DAT file (flight record) in the Spark using DJI assistant 2 on a computer. Values measured by the Spark are stored there and can be plotted. That's useful for troubleshooting. I can support you in this process.

Call Father Karras....
MV5BODRhNjI4MmYtZTgyYy00ODg4LTgyOWMtYzlmNzFhYzhjNTY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgxMjk3MTk@._V1_.jpg

My checklist would be:
Check props not inversed ? Lined vs unlined
Loose prop or one bad motor?
Dirty battery connections?
Calibrate?
Refresh FW via Assistant2? Controlller, aircraft and all batts
Does it happen in sport mode?

I had similar crazy behavior. Sometimes height would stop at 6.5 feet, other times it would flash a higher value. Once, it shot up to 167 feet its own. I DOWNGRADED the Go4 app to the previous version and that seems to have cleared the issue. Might be worth a shot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit