Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Silicone cover

LOL. You make me laugh, Sure its your money buy what you want. I just have no use for one. Scratches and scuff marks are the furthest thing from my mind. If it protected my drone in a crash I’d buy one. It just reminds me of buying a sweater for a pet chihuahua...

If it protects the body from scuff marks and scratches then it's worth it. To each his own. Love mines. If you never owned one then how can you say it's useless? Doesn't make sense. $8 is not that expensive.

I was literally about to post a new thread asking whether all/any of these non-DJI accessories are worth thinking about. Specifically the various covers and holders, landing feet, landing mat... this silicon thing... are they worth it? Does anyone find them essential? I'm not bothered about a scuff or two (adds character) but, like everyone, don't want to risk my drone actually breaking. Putting them on/taking them off every time I fly is a bit OCD for me, if I'm honest... unless I *have* to. Right now I carry my drone, controller, two batteries and a microSD-to-Lightning cable in the carry bag which comes with the Fly More Combo and the only issue I've had is water-proofing in case of a sudden downpour (living in the tropics, this is an concern), which non of these would even help with?!

Last edited:
Personally, I've found very few after-market (non OEM) accessories are "essential".

For the Spark I "could" see wanting extended landing legs if one lands in some odd terrain other than smooth pavement, but my solution is to put it in gesture mode and land it on my hand. The MavMount is the only accessory that I see as necessary IF you choose to use a table larger than an Ipad Mini.

IMO, gimbal locks aren't necessary if you use the foam case the Spark came in or a good case thats cut specifically for the Spark. I've put my Spark in the top case of my motorcycle in its foam case and ridden over some the bumpiest, rocky, wash-board surfaces that was like sitting on a jack-hammer and my Spark was just fine.

A couple things I "think" that are bigger negatives with that Silicone Cover than protecting it from "scratches" and Scuff Marks are; Its probably not smooth, therefore will cause more drag on the Spark which in turn means shorter battery life; It insulates the drone, so it probably runs hotter; Its added weight. Sure its probably marginal, but its still added weight which in turn means a more drain on the battery therefore shorter battery life. Agree, what I say is probably "over-stated" or marginal, but those are concerns...

I was literally about to post a new thread asking whether all/any of these non-DJI accessories are worth thinking about. Specifically the various covers and holders, landing feet, landing mat... this silicon thing... are they worth it? Does anyone find them essential? I'm not bothered about a scuff or two (adds character) but, like everyone, don't want to risk my drone actually breaking. Putting them on/taking them off every time I fly is a bit OCD for me, if I'm honest... unless I *have* to. Right now I carry my drone, controller, two batteries and a microSD-to-Lightning cable in the carry bag which comes with the Fly More Combo and the only issue I've had is water-proofing in case of a sudden downpour (living in the tropics, this is an concern), which non of these would even help with?!

LOL. You make me laugh, Sure its your money buy what you want. I just have no use for one. Scratches and scuff marks are the furthest thing from my mind. If it protected my drone in a crash I’d buy one. It just reminds me of buying a sweater for a pet chihuahua...
Hey I do have a sweater for my Chihuahua. :D

Personally, I've found very few after-market (non OEM) accessories are "essential".

For the Spark I "could" see wanting extended landing legs if one lands in some odd terrain other than smooth pavement, but my solution is to put it in gesture mode and land it on my hand. The MavMount is the only accessory that I see as necessary IF you choose to use a table larger than an Ipad Mini.

IMO, gimbal locks aren't necessary if you use the foam case the Spark came in or a good case thats cut specifically for the Spark. I've put my Spark in the top case of my motorcycle in its foam case and ridden over some the bumpiest, rocky, wash-board surfaces that was like sitting on a jack-hammer and my Spark was just fine.

A couple things I "think" that are bigger negatives with that Silicone Cover than protecting it from "scratches" and Scuff Marks are; Its probably not smooth, therefore will cause more drag on the Spark which in turn means shorter battery life; It insulates the drone, so it probably runs hotter; Its added weight. Sure its probably marginal, but its still added weight which in turn means a more drain on the battery therefore shorter battery life. Agree, what I say is probably "over-stated" or marginal, but those are concerns...
I do have an extended landing legs and a gimbal protector. The silicone skin is smooth and weights practically next to nothing as it's very thin and translucent but stretches without breaking. Heat wise there's no difference with it on or off. I can say all this because I'm speaking from experience. To each his own but no need to berate someone because you don't agree with them. Kinda childish.

Reactions: amir
I've ordered a sweater for my drone.

Attachments

• if-you-work-in-marketing-or-advertising--kill-yourself--thats-not-a-joke.jpg
    if-you-work-in-marketing-or-advertising--kill-yourself--thats-not-a-joke.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Sparkbart

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers