Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Silicone cover

amir

Join
Dec 30, 2017
I just put a silicone cover will it affect flight?

Attachments

• 20180114_213935.jpg
    20180114_213935.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: CM Ho
Thanks for the advice i might take it off when flying i suppose its ok for transportation in carry bag

It looks like it would add a little more protection for the spark for transporting and flying.

I took my silicon cover off, was scared it was getting too hot, but it does offer more protection

Last edited:
I just put a silicone cover will it affect flight?
I have one and it doesn't affect the flight. It will protect the body from scratches when landing on rough surfaces such rocks and prevent getting wet from landing on moist grass. The heat dissipates fast because the silicon essentially absorbs it in my opinion.

Reactions: amir
I have one and it doesn't affect the flight. It will protect the body from scratches when landing on rough surfaces such rocks and prevent getting wet from landing on moist grass. The heat dissipates fast because the silicon essentially absorbs it in my opinion.
Silicone doesn’t absorb heat very well. I know this because I use silicone gloves in the lab for handling heated materials up to 300 oC. So, I wouldn’t use one as all the heat is likely to be pushed back into the Spark.

The heat is not a problem. The skin is loose enough for the heat to escape. It also has openings for the hot exhaust that's being generated. Anyways I don't feel a significant dissipation of heat with it on.

I read their ad (silicone body cover) and had to laugh. More than half their claims can't be proven or just aren't really pertinent to a drone and the other half just makes me laugh. They created a product that really has no purpose....

Seems to me some of you are just looking for ways to spend your money....

I read their ad (silicone body cover) and had to laugh. More than half their claims can't be proven or just aren't really pertinent to a drone and the other half just makes me laugh. They created a product that really has no purpose....

Seems to me some of you are just looking for ways to spend your money....
If it protects the body from scuff marks and scratches then it's worth it. To each his own. Love mines. If you never owned one then how can you say it's useless? Doesn't make sense. $8 is not that expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers