Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Should I sell my spark? And when

ernestoc33

Join
Jan 9, 2018
I've had my spark for a little while and I love it. I tried the P3s, yuneec breeze and the Yuneec q500. I didn't like any of those and finally settled and on the spark and loved it. My spark is still like new, I've only taken it out a handful of times.

I really want to upgrade to a mavic air or mavic pro. I'm not sure if I should do it now or wait.

I know the mavic 2 should be out soon, so I could probably get a good deal on a mavic pro after the 2 release. Also how do you guys feel about the mavic air vs the pro?

Thanks in advance

The sparks are dropping in value at the moment so if you do want to switch, now is the time.
I was kind of thinking that. I could sell it now and hang onto the money.

Would you say the air or or the pro? Do you think the pro wikl drop in price ?

No idea sorry. I bought my spark 1 week ago. I was tempted to return it and get one of the other models but i'm still making too many silly mistakes. Quite happy to stick with my sparky as if I do destroy it, it only costs half of what the others do.

Got the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air as well as the Spark. IMO, if you are only going to keep/have one drone, the Mavic Pro would be it. While its not the smallest, it doesn't have the best camera, its the most versatile with good range. Most of the time people can't really tell the difference between a video/picture shot with the Mavic Pro or Mavic Air unless they images/videos are side-by-side.

And it comes down to the same question I ask anyone looking for advice on buying a drone; "What do you want and what will you use"? While I have a wide variety of options since I also have a Phantom 4 and Inspire too, most of my flying is done between the Spark and Mavic Pro lately. The compact size of the Spark and its adequate camera is great for just bringing along no matter what. The Pro has the distance, stability and battery life. The Mavic Air has... has... cool Intelligent flight modes and okay a better camera IF thats something thats really important to you... The Intelligent flight modes are cool, but how often are you really going to use them? And as far as back-up sensors, meh.. I fly LOS and scout the area I fly in. So I'm usually very aware of the environment and hazards.

I find the Mavic Air doesn't handle higher wind speeds as well as the Mavic Pro, it has a shorter battery life, and it really seems to be sensitive to WiFi dense environments. In my suburban neighborhood the distance is only slightly better than my Spark. In less dense areas it is better but I lose sight of it anyways so thats not a huge deal.

The price of the Spark has dropped and now includes the remote. Its a great deal for someone looking to buy. If you looking to sell, not so good. So you need to factor that in to what you are asking when you sell your Spark. IMO, its not worth selling if I only get 300 bucks for my fly more combo...

There are lots of great deals right now on lightly used Mavic Pros because of the Mavic Air and I guess as some people are speculating the soon to be released Mavic Pro 2. I would again ask you what you want in a drone and then decide what will fit your needs. The latest and greatest is always the best..

I was kind of thinking that. I could sell it now and hang onto the money.

Would you say the air or or the pro? Do you think the pro wikl drop in price ?

Reactions: weeessss
I've had my spark for a little while and I love it. I tried the P3s, yuneec breeze and the Yuneec q500. I didn't like any of those and finally settled and on the spark and loved it. My spark is still like new, I've only taken it out a handful of times.

I really want to upgrade to a mavic air or mavic pro. I'm not sure if I should do it now or wait.

I know the mavic 2 should be out soon, so I could probably get a good deal on a mavic pro after the 2 release. Also how do you guys feel about the mavic air vs the pro?

Thanks in advance

Hi - I am looking for a Spark combo, please PM if you decide to sell yours.

Thank you.

I have one blind eye, it's so good God gave me two. keep the Spark and by a Phantom 5 when it finally sells. Then you will have a backup.

I say keep the Spark if you can as a backup. I fly with two buddies that each have a Mavic. I'm launching before either of them are even ready to launch. Its the perfect travel buddy. Compact size doesn't take up space and unless you NEED to to fly 4 miles or be up in the air 25 min, it's the easiest way to fly.

Reactions: Sparkbart
I say get a Mavic Air or a discounted Mavic Pro. About the same price and capability. The new Mavic Pro will likely be around $1300.

Keeping the Spark as a backup is a good move if you don't need the money to offset the cost of the new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme