Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sensor on spark

Sparky786

Join
Sep 8, 2017
Hey is there sensors on the bottom of the drone?
Is it better to switch of the sensors? I almost got stuck today because of it,for some reason i was in a corner cudnt move left or right..was strange

Yes - for obstacle avoidance. I turn off the ones on my MP since I have had a false positive but so far with the Spark it has performed flawlessly in the same conditions. Flying low and slow around playground equipment and low and slow over water - no problems. Explain what happened with your spark - were you indoors or out doors? What kind of corner? One easy way is to turn it off and low/slow to see if it makes a difference. From my experience the Spark's sensors are doing a better job or at least less false positives.

Reactions: Sparky786
Yes - for obstacle avoidance. I turn off the ones on my MP since I have had a false positive but so far with the Spark it has performed flawlessly in the same conditions. Flying low and slow around playground equipment and low and slow over water - no problems. Explain what happened with your spark - were you indoors or out doors? What kind of corner? One easy way is to turn it off and low/slow to see if it makes a difference. From my experience the Spark's sensors are doing a better job or at least less false positives.
Thanks for ur reply, sensors are doing well, just today i was on a corner with 2 walls and also top of acloth railing, i cudnt move left or right for some reason? Then i managed to lower and stop, im still on beginers mode, do u think i should swith beginer off? Also do i still have to wait for gps if i fly with out beginer mode? Also when i conect my phone to controler i use otg,then i turn on eroplane mode amd keep location on,is this ok?
How does the spark find quick gps?
Thanks

Thanks for ur reply, sensors are doing well, just today i was on a corner with 2 walls and also top of acloth railing, i cudnt move left or right for some reason? Then i managed to lower and stop, im still on beginers mode, do u think i should swith beginer off? Also do i still have to wait for gps if i fly with out beginer mode? Also when i conect my phone to controler i use otg,then i turn on eroplane mode amd keep location on,is this ok?
Thanks
In a corner spark will not move left right with obsticle avoidence turned on.

Thanks
Yes - wait for gps lock (Green light - Ready to FLY - ALWAYS). You can turn on/off obstacle avoidance based on the situation you are in. I actually find that OA works better (less false positives) than with my Mavic. For OTG I turn on Spark, then turn on RC (get green light) then plug USB from phone/tablet into RC.

Hey is there sensors on the bottom of the drone?
Is it better to switch of the sensors? I almost got stuck today because of it,for some reason i was in a corner cudnt move left or right..was strange
Yes there is a sensor to the bottom and one in the front. The front one can be disabled, but not the bottom one, it is always used for normal landing and RTH landing.

Today i was flying at night, i started with gps then i get a msg saying no gps? Why is this?

Yes there is a sensor to the bottom and one in the front. The front one can be disabled, but not the bottom one, it is always used for normal landing and RTH landing.
Tnx i thut so, i really want to fly it far out but abit afraid,do you think i can be confident with spark?
Also what is the RTH altitute heigjt i should choose? I put it as 50metres

For the RTH altitude, in theory the highest is the better but it take time and battery to climb high. So it is always function of where you fly that no obstacle is in the RTH path. If you set it too high and a RTH is initiated by low battery it can draw your battery and fail to come back.
At start, the best is to check what is optimum RTH altitude before each of your flight.

Reactions: Sparky786
Can someone walk me through disabling the front sensor please. I want to fly through a coconut plantation but always the sensor OA stops me. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers