Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Return to Home

Conor Mullen

Join
Feb 24, 2018
if connection is lost when in GPS mode, will the Spark return to home like the Phantom and Inspire Drones?

Also is there any way to get the map feature added to the display using the DJI Go 4 app, like how the Phantom and Inspire have it?

On the first question yes, it will. And it tends to work extremely welll. However this feature can be tricky if battery level is low and you’re still pretty far away. Always check distance vs battery level, and don’t rely on the RTH battery level to get you home. Here’s a resource I found helpful on what the Spark does at different distances away.
On the second question, unless you have internet access, you won’t have a map display. I’m on an ipad mini4, i have heard of others caching the maps on Android devices but haven’t found a way to do it on ios devices.

Reactions: Conor Mullen
On the first question yes, it will. And it tends to work extremely welll. However this feature can be tricky if battery level is low and you’re still pretty far away. Always check distance vs battery level, and don’t rely on the RTH battery level to get you home. Here’s a resource I found helpful on what the Spark does at different distances away.
On the second question, unless you have internet access, you won’t have a map display. I’m on an ipad mini4, i have heard of others caching the maps on Android devices but haven’t found a way to do it on ios devices.
Please elaborate on what we'd see in DJI GO 4 if we had an LTE/3G cellular connection. I can add my iPad for $10 a month with Verizon, I wonder what I get for that. Thanks in advance.

In response to the second question. I got it to work. Here are the instructions I was sent which I have saved. The idea is to save on the ipad or phone the area of the map you will be flying in. Hope this helps.

Do the following to cache the maps in DJI GO:

• Connect your mobile device to the Internet
  • Open DJI GO
  • Go to the flying location on the map
  • Zoom in to the desired zoom level
  • Scroll around on the map to load the map images in all areas where you want to fly

Reactions: NyJosh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast