Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Remote as Home?

guytranspo

Join
Sep 10, 2017
Does anyone know if you can set the remote as the home point?
It would be helpful in case the pilot is moving or has to move from the take off point.
Thanks

Does anyone know if you can set the remote as the home point?
It would be helpful in case the pilot is moving or has to move from the take off point.
Thanks

Per the manual, no.

You can set the home point though? (from memory)
So, if you move, you can set a new home point during your flight?

Um, no.

Home points are recorded at takeoff for each flight. If you land, move, and take off again from the new location...that's your new home point.

You can set the home point though? (from memory)
I thought so too. I recall you should be able to reset home position. I recall also having to 2 options - using the current aircraft position as home point and using the current GPS enabled phone as home position.
Might have to do a check as i havent used this feature in ages.

I thought so too. I recall you should be able to reset home position. I recall also having to 2 options - using the current aircraft position as home point and using the current GPS enabled phone as home position.
Might have to do a check as i havent used this feature in ages.

Please show me in the manual where it says this is an option.

Its in the MC settings in the GO app. The arrow represents the craft and the person represents the GPS enabled Iphone/ipad/android device. Make sure you check the map before plotting a new home point. It can go pear shape if you dont know what you are doing. Eg, setting the new home point over water and triggering RTH.

Attachments

• 20170914_105055.png
    20170914_105055.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: DesertWindAero
Seems like we need a quick bicycle test? Set to the little person and ride. It should be able to follow you beyond the max distance.

Seems like we need a quick bicycle test? Set to the little person and ride. It should be able to follow you beyond the max distance.
you need to reset it at each 100m intervals. The home point is NOT dynamic.
DJI should look into their old DJI Vision app and bring back dynamic home point. They brought the same functionality in the first few iterations of the GO app (referred to DJI PILOT) back then. I can assume follow-me replaced that function.

You are right, in general only the main screen of Go4 app is briefly describe in Spark manual.
What is surprising is that it is the same 4 pages about Go4 app also in Phantom 4 PRO, Mavic or Inspire 2 and also nothing on their youtube support channel.

you need to reset it at each 100m intervals. The home point is NOT dynamic.
DJI should look into their old DJI Vision app and bring back dynamic home point. They brought the same functionality in the first few iterations of the GO app (referred to DJI PILOT) back then. I can assume follow-me replaced that function.
Dynamic home point will be introduced very shortly in v01.0.0700.
It works well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers