Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RED WAYPOINT

David, this is a great app...
Some suggestion
I have tried to create a mission, lots of things can be customized, I can make the camera look down (gimbal 90 deg) and always head north...
but I couldn't find to make the camera take pictures every time interval (let say 2 seconds) or every distance interval (let say every 20 meters)...
The aim I want to take a gridded picture so I can reconstruct them as orthophoto for 3d reconstruction...

Do you have plan to add this function or it is actually there?

Yes I am planning to start adding this new features for surveying, continous shooting (in terms of time or in terms of distance). I still need to test them myself because for a stable continuous acquisition with the Spark I only reached 0.5fps. I don't know when I will start testing this new features again because now I still need to perfectionate the current functionalities, some people are experiencing connectivity problems... But shure soon I will add them!

@Artob That sounds like a great feature for the future. There are lots of things I'm sure David will want to implement, such as curved cornering.
@David calero .. As you are now making changes and updates would it be an ide to have an indicator on the splash screen showing a version number and/or date of last update? Also, how are you getting on with the moving of waypoints?
You can find the different APP versions and changes here: Whats new - Red Waypoint
I will add the version on the APP main screen. Also if you subscribe to the BETA channel you will receive the most recently updates.
About curved cornering yes! all this functionalities are on my head right now, need to priorize first! Thanks to all the ideas!

I assume this will not stay a free app. Do you have any idea about the price range?

Also please:
- Add Offline POI support, that's actually a very useful usecase: just select the POI on the satellite map, set radius/speed/direction and off you go!
- Add a pointer on the map for the current location
- Add a toggle for regular sat/map view (it's not clear to me how to change from sat to map view).

Last edited:
I have try this app only in offline mode.
Want to try to fly this weekend.
Some few things i need to know before fly with red waypoint:

- How to override the mission once it executed in mid air beside pause button?
- What happens if i move the stick during mission?
- Does the return to home button on the RC is still functioning as in go 4 app?

Great questions, I was thinking that I needed to ask the same before committing to trying this fantastic app for real.

Reactions: Red Waypoint
This Looks really promising.
Two suggestions:
1: Add a calculated Flight time based on distanse and selected speed.
2: Add RTH altitude. (or will this be unchanged from the go4 app?)

Looks like this app has promise and is exactly what I've been waiting for for 2 years!. But I can't get it to locate my position offline (haven't tried connecting yet).

Motorola G4, location svcs is on, app has location access, Google Maps locations work.

It almost looks like the red location button isn't being recognized when I touch it? Would be a good idea to have the button change color to indicate it's sensed a touch.

@JD4x4 it will only locate your position using GPS. So try it outside. I have already reported to David this is something that needs fixing.
Gotcha. Sorry to bother.. I must have missed it.
Thanx, and keep up the great work!

One final thought.. Since you're using the SDK for some things (I think?), Does your app allow takeoff in NFZ's or restrict the DJI/SDK sending flight data back to it's servers?

I tried it today and the missions work as planned. However, even at the "high speed" setting, the spark flies very slow. When using another app (posted in these forums), waypoints can execute at nearly full speed; the downside with the other app is that you can't pre-plan like this one. Is there a way increase mission speed to 20+ mph?

Reactions: NC_Spark_3D
I tried it today and the missions work as planned. However, even at the "high speed" setting, the spark flies very slow. When using another app (posted in these forums), waypoints can execute at nearly full speed; the downside with the other app is that you can't pre-plan like this one. Is there a way increase mission speed to 20+ mph?

The DJI SDK has default suggestions for Low, Mid, and High speed, but these can be individually changed so it should be possible for David (@Red Waypoint) to adjust them, or just add a speed slider rather than the current radio buttons. I suspect David has given the three choices to make things easier for users. This is a very new app so I'm sure David will be adding lots of great new features over time!

Hello, very good idea, I started to play with the app and it is really good already. I agree with other comments on the speed, it should be possible to adjust the speed in m/s. It would be nice also to have an estimation of the mission duration and length.
Ideally the way point icon should point the drone direction too.
Good job anyway!

I use an IPhone, but wanted to install this to Genymotion to check it out... Google Play says there is no compatible device available. What are you looking for?

Hi David,

I have flown 4 different missions now and it does work great. Few remarks or improvements you can think about:

1. Flying in EU I use FCC mode but the app actually resets it back to CE mode. The original DJI GO 4 app asks you to change everytime you start up. Maybe you can add the same logic. Alternatively use OTG to keep signal strength.
2. The gimbal actually does not move and I have tried various settings but camera angle remains the same.
3. At first it was difficult to understand to fly to first waypoint and hit play button. Maybe you should give a pop up screen explaining this when u start the bird.

Keep up the great work.

Reactions: Haggi and phiphi33
What happens if the drone lost the signal with the controller? is it possible to set the return to home altitude before start the mission? and if the drone loses the gps signal and enter in atti mode? what happens?

Hi Artob!
Mission can be overrided even during execution
Nothing, in the future I will implement stick movement to STOP mission and continue in manual control. Now if you press PAUSE in the Remote controller the mission STOPS.
YES

This Looks really promising.
Two suggestions:
1: Add a calculated Flight time based on distanse and selected speed.
2: Add RTH altitude. (or will this be unchanged from the go4 app?)
Thanks for the suggestions! At the moment RTH altitude is not configurable, it selects the one configured in the DJI GO4 APP

Gotcha. Sorry to bother.. I must have missed it.
Thanx, and keep up the great work!

One final thought.. Since you're using the SDK for some things (I think?), Does your app allow takeoff in NFZ's or restrict the DJI/SDK sending flight data back to it's servers?

Sorry it is not allowed by DJI SDK because restricts flying in NFZs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe