Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RED WAYPOINT

Hi David... I see you have made some changes. It's starting to look good. It's great you can now move the waypoints. However, you have to be very precise otherwise your touch is interpreted by the Google map and the map moves. You need to make an allowance for an area surrounding the point marker and respond to a touch in this area as a 'move point' action rather than 'move map'.

Reactions: Red Waypoint
David... Some other issues:

• Waypoint configuration - I'm not sure you need to show the keyboard at all if you have sliders. The sliders are easier to use.
  • The Android GPS is constantly setting the centre point of the map. So you can't resize the map. In turn, you can't move to a different area of the map to add a waypoint because the map keeps resetting to your GPS location.
  • It is too sensitive to add new points on the map even when you don't mean to. It would be better to use a LongClick to add new points rather than to change the map style, and then have a Setting to change the map style. I think the map style is a personal preference and not something you might constantly change.
  • As I was playing I noticed an option to add different types of waypoint with different colour markers (eg a POI point), but I don't seem to be able to reproduce it.
  • When you LongClick the X marker to clear a mission could you add a confirmation pop-up? Something like: "Confirm Clear Mission? Ok/Cancel".
Obviously, these are just my personal opinions!

Hello David,
i try yesterday your App, but does'nt work. I create a Mission and save them.
Start the AC and could'nt find a way to connect the AC within your App. I can see the Button "Connect", but it was not possible to activate him. Nothing happen and in the Go4App there is no possibility to activate RedWaypoint.
I'm using Samsung S7 with the Controller, DJI App works fine but not the RedWaypoint. What could be wrong in my way?
Thanks for feedback and maybe with a Manual for Newbie i would be very happy. Maybe all other user too.
Thanks a lot for your efforts.
Greetings from Austria

sent from S7
Hi Mike!
How are you connecting to the APP? The APP has been tested connecting throught the RC WiFi. Althought WiFi standalone should work. I havent tested OTG connection but users say it is not compatible. Remember to update the Red Waypoint APP. Today I will start editing the tutorials ;)

David... Some other issues:

• Waypoint configuration - I'm not sure you need to show the keyboard at all if you have sliders. The sliders are easier to use.
  • The Android GPS is constantly setting the centre point of the map. So you can't resize the map. In turn, you can't move to a different area of the map to add a waypoint because the map keeps resetting to your GPS location.
  • It is too sensitive to add new points on the map even when you don't mean to. It would be better to use a LongClick to add new points rather than to change the map style, and then have a Setting to change the map style. I think the map style is a personal preference and not something you might constantly change.
  • As I was playing I noticed an option to add different types of waypoint with different colour markers (eg a POI point), but I don't seem to be able to reproduce it.
  • When you LongClick the X marker to clear a mission could you add a confirmation pop-up? Something like: "Confirm Clear Mission? Ok/Cancel".
Obviously, these are just my personal opinions!
About the Android Location I did some tests and works fine for me... but you are experimenting some extrange isues of constantly updating (I will dig into it).
Related to the different waypoint types in ONLINE mode you can use Home and POI but is not available in OFFLINE mode.

About the Android Location I did some tests and works fine for me... but you are experimenting some extrange isues of constantly updating (I will dig into it).
Related to the different waypoint types in ONLINE mode you can use Home and POI but is not available in OFFLINE mode.
OK replicated the constant GPS updating location. Solved for the next Release version

Hi David.
How to insert POI in offline planning?
Is it possible to add more than one POI?
POI is not available in offline mode. The idea is to take advantage of moving the POI during mission and adjust the coordinate. At the moment it is only supported one waypoint at a time.

Hi Mike!
How are you connecting to the APP? The APP has been tested connecting throught the RC WiFi. Althought WiFi standalone should work. I havent tested OTG connection but users say it is not compatible. Remember to update the Red Waypoint APP. Today I will start editing the tutorials ;)
First i create a mission in the Redwaypoint and save them.
Then i start the Go4App and connect to the AC.
If connection is successful, then i change to RedWaypoint but there is no possibility to use the button "connect".ä He does'nt work.
So i don't know what to do or which mistake i made.

David... I have tried using the USB cable instead of connecting via WIFI. These are the results:
  • Start App with USB cable disconnected
  • Connect USB cable
  • You will see message "Choose an app for the USB device". Select RedWaypoint & "Just Once" rather than "Always"
  • The App will indicate "Unknown Aircraft", but still show the "FLY" button
  • Click "FLY" gives an error "Unfortunately, RedWaypoint has stopped"
It may be that the DJI SDK doesn't recognise the Spark connected this way. However, you may still be able to send commands. The DJI Go 4 app works with a USB cable, so I can't see why your app can't.

I installed version 1.0.16 and 1.1.0 on my huawei p20 and when the map should be loading it get stuck in "Google Play services are updating"
Is it the app or something on my phone?

I installed version 1.0.16 and 1.1.0 on my huawei p20 and when the map should be loading it get stuck in "Google Play services are updating"
I had the same problem using Huawey P8Lite, is a problem of Huawey. It is a problem for this types of smartphones, if you open another aplication that uses Googlemaps API (not GoogleMaps) you will see the same error. There is still no solution but what works for me is:
1) Download an APP called "Play Services Info"
2) Open that aplication and click PLAY STORE. Then uninstall (Will uninstall the updates)
3) Open again the application go to APK mirror. Download the new version for your device and Install again.
Now, you should see correctly the googlemaps, the problem is that when you reboot your smartphone you need to repeat all this steps.
We are waiting for Google Play Services or Huawey to give an update for this problem

And please UPDATE to the last version of Red Waypoint to avoid problems! Important Bugs have been corrected!

David, this is a great app...
Some suggestion
I have tried to create a mission, lots of things can be customized, I can make the camera look down (gimbal 90 deg) and always head north...
but I couldn't find to make the camera take pictures every time interval (let say 2 seconds) or every distance interval (let say every 20 meters)...
The aim I want to take a gridded picture so I can reconstruct them as orthophoto for 3d reconstruction...

Do you have plan to add this function or it is actually there?

@Artob That sounds like a great feature for the future. There are lots of things I'm sure David will want to implement, such as curved cornering.
@David calero .. As you are now making changes and updates would it be an ide to have an indicator on the splash screen showing a version number and/or date of last update? Also, how are you getting on with the moving of waypoints?

I had the same problem using Huawey P8Lite, is a problem of Huawey. It is a problem for this types of smartphones, if you open another aplication that uses Googlemaps API (not GoogleMaps) you will see the same error. There is still no solution but what works for me is:
1) Download an APP called "Play Services Info"
2) Open that aplication and click PLAY STORE. Then uninstall (Will uninstall the updates)
3) Open again the application go to APK mirror. Download the new version for your device and Install again.
Now, you should see correctly the googlemaps, the problem is that when you reboot your smartphone you need to repeat all this steps.
We are waiting for Google Play Services or Huawey to give an update for this problem
Thank you. It works again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef