Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

will you ever recycle your blades?

• Total voters

Mrdrono

Join
Jul 16, 2017
I had a crash and mess up my blades.
I wanted to do the palm lunch at night and it did not went well,
it just kept flying trying to track my face and it crash into a wall
anyway it crash very bad even the glass from the camera crack
i ordered blades online but im to desperate to wait
so i decided to make my own
and i wanted to share with you guys
and hopefully it would help some of you in a low budget.
do at your own risk and for emergencies only

I would not be "Recycling" my blades. They are cheap enough just to buy new. With that said, I have NEVER replaced the props on any of my DJI devices.

+1

Agree with they are pretty cheap to replace. BUT I totally get it for folks that like DYI or hate to waste things...

I would not be "Recycling" my blades. They are cheap enough just to buy new. With that said, I have NEVER replaced the props on any of my DJI devices.

Reactions: Mrdrono
I can't say that I would be too willing to trust my $500 to a handmade propeller. At best it won't fly great at worst catastrophic failure that voids any possibility of warranty. I'd rather pay the couple of bucks for a replacement set and keep them with me for a swap out if needed. (I have and I do)

Reactions: Nikon1 and Mrdrono
Very good if you are stuck in the woods or on holidays and unable to order props on time.
But like everyone else said, i wouldnt use it as my daily blades. Get them replaced ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrdrono
If I ever used a ratchet as a hammer like the OP did, my Dad would come down from Heaven and kick my behind.
As for props, I always keep a spare set in the case, don't think making a prop out of 2 busted ones is a good idea.

Reactions: Nikon1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe