Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Recent Spark/Goggle Issues and Updates?

cyclicopath

Join
Sep 9, 2017
Most of the threads here seem a bit old, I'm hoping for some more recent help with this issue:

I'm an experienced part 107 pilot and have built/bought many drones over several years. Recently bought a Spark to augment my Mavic. Then bought the DJI Goggles. Am flying the Spark via the remote coupled by WiFi to an Apple Mini iPad 2, running DJI Go 4. All software and firmware of these items is current as of today, Sept 9 and everything works just fine.

When I connect the goggles (also updated to the latest firmware, same date) via an OTG cable from the remote, everything is again fine, except for one big thing: As soon as the connection is made, the iPad video feed goes blank and the status bar states "disconnected." One of the reasons I got the Goggles was to be able to put them on folks and fly them around. That is still possible, flying with just the sticks, but of course limited in what flight and camera functions are available.

Any thoughts on this? There are conflicting reports to be found, with some claiming it works with both on at the same time and others saying doesn't. I and I'm sure others would sure like an answer that will either fix this, or allow us to give up and stop beating our head against the wall.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The Spark RC doesn't support having both a phone and the goggles connected at the same time, it's one or the other.
Mavic can do both.

Reactions: Mainiad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef