Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Receive Spark Today: OTG Cable help!

RPL

Join
Jul 17, 2018
Eagerly received my Spark today. Performed all major firmware updates, calibrated compass, etc. First question (for iOS users)- Should I operate the remote via WiFi or OTG cable? I will be using an iPhone 8+

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Fly your drone using WiFi. Then buy a cable, and test it too.

Maybe there won't be any major difference.

For wifi connection, avoid any Bluetooth devices around or on you.

In addition (I just ordered a spark!); is there any difference between the cable that is delivered with the Mavic and the OTG cable needed for the spark? In other words; is every usb cable an OTG cable or not? If not, how do I recognize the difference?

In addition (I just ordered a spark!); is there any difference between the cable that is delivered with the Mavic and the OTG cable needed for the spark? In other words; is every usb cable an OTG cable or not? If not, how do I recognize the difference?
No, they're not the same.

Otg cable has different inside connection of the wires, and has one standard end for RC, if you connect it with the wrong order, it doesn't work.

Thanks guys! Ordered an OTG cable from a local supplier, will arrive tomorrow. My spark will arrive on Monday, and luck has it that I am free from work that day.... you bet I'll be sitting waiting for the delivery guy!!! I am as excited as I was when I bought my Mavic pro, just a lot less nervous to fly!

Ended up taking it out for a flight last night using the OTG cable. Easily flew it out over 600m in a highly congested residential neighborhood. The only reason I turned back is because I felt there was no reason to go any further. I’d imagine this AC would easily hit 2km under ideal conditions. For such a small quad, this thing is a very nice little piece of equipment. I still prefer my P3A, but hate lugging it around due to its large size. I’m definitely digging the Spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe