Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC Update beeps and stuck on 5%

Don't use 4.1.8 for update ! Downgrade and use the version 4.1.5 to do updates.
This work for me.

Why do you want to root your phone ?
If downgrading/upgrading didn't work, you should uninstall fully the app, clearing data. If you want to keep your flight logs, you should first sync all of them with DJI cloud before deleting data.
Reinstalling the app will also make the new firmware to be downloaded again.
Some said that using an IOS device helped them to finish the update.
Some other said that upgrading step by step 0100 - 0300 - 0400 worked better than 0100 - 0400 directly.
Probably having minimum wifi activity around could be better. The Spark and its RC don't seems to be that clever is selecting the most quit wifi channel and for the RC there is no choice possible.
There is a lot of guessing with these upgrades as normally it should be just straight forward.
Isn't that the only way to downgrade the app to a previous version?

Isn't that the only way to downgrade the app to a previous version?
No need to root, just allow other source in the phone settings, uninstall and install from the apk.

Reactions: darkdestroyer99
I had exactly the same problem with my Samsung 8+. I retried the update with my Iphone 6+ and it worked. This is just ridiculous that the firmware update that is REQUIRED won't work on an Android.

I had exactly the same problem with my Samsung 8+. I retried the update with my Iphone 6+ and it worked. This is just ridiculous that the firmware update that is REQUIRED won't work on an Android.
Yep, similar problem with my RC last week.

Tried for the best part of a full day trying with my Samsung galaxy S8....same problem, beeping and stuck on 5%.

Got home and tried it on my ipad air 2 and it worked first time!

I feel for all the people out there who only have android and no apple products to try it on.

Yep, ridiculous indeed!

Thanks
Allan

Yep, similar problem with my RC last week.

Tried for the best part of a full day trying with my Samsung galaxy S8....same problem, beeping and stuck on 5%.

Got home and tried it on my ipad air 2 and it worked first time!

I feel for all the people out there who only have android and no apple products to try it on.

Yep, ridiculous indeed!

Thanks
Allan
A simple google can find android users a link to 4.1.5 and an explanation for the failure. I'm a brand new Spark owner, Android only, and I had the problem solved w/in 5 minutes of googling about it. I think people just panic before even looking for a solution to problems.

A simple google can find android users a link to 4.1.5 and an explanation for the failure. I'm a brand new Spark owner, Android only, and I had the problem solved w/in 5 minutes of googling about it. I think people just panic before even looking for a solution to problems.
Brand new Spark owner also.

I was under the impression that because the latest firmware update was mandatory, i wouldn't have been able to downgrade to 4.1.5.

Maybe i should've googled it also ha ha!

Brand new Spark owner also.

I was under the impression that because the latest firmware update was mandatory, i wouldn't have been able to downgrade to 4.1.5.

Maybe i should've googled it also ha ha!

4.1.5 is in reference to the android app version. The current version on the android market is 4.1.8 and it won't upgrade firmware properly. You'll get the latest firmware installed onto your drone using 4.1.5 (or probably any previous app version).

The really flabbergasting thing about this though is that DJI hasn't released a new version of the app on the Android market yet. There's no waiting period or anything like the apple app store has, so I can't fathom why they didn't instantly release a fix when the problem started. It boggles the mind.

4.1.5 is in reference to the android app version. The current version on the android market is 4.1.8 and it won't upgrade firmware properly. You'll get the latest firmware installed onto your drone using 4.1.5 (or probably any previous app version).

The really flabbergasting thing about this though is that DJI hasn't released a new version of the app on the Android market yet. There's no waiting period or anything like the apple app store has, so I can't fathom why they didn't instantly release a fix when the problem started. It boggles the mind.
Yeah totally agree.

It is a major pain for the less tech savvy among us...people like me ha ha!

Just received my first DJI unit today.
A DJI Spark.
The first thing when i start it up, it wants to update the firmware - It goes okay until it comes to the Controller...
It beeps, and on the APP it is not progressing above 5%
After downloading the DJI Go 4.1.5 APK - It all worked :)

Link to the APK: Download DJI GO 4 4.1.5 apk - APK.CO

Reactions: BanditX2
it's an issue with the android app. My simple fix was to put the app on the wifes Iphone and it updated fine. spent a week listening to the gd beeping trying to update stuck at 5%

I had the same problem. I updated the controller via my wife's iphone, success !
Then I was able to connect via my LG G5 Android phone.

Dear friends,

My name is Cristina from Colombia, I have the same problem, beeping and stuck on 5%.

Somebody knows how can I solvet it. My skype is critogosap

Uninstall DJI Go4 app ( I assume you have the current version) Install DJI Go4 v4.1.5 app, make sure your phone and RC are on Wifi (don't use OTG cable) and it should update, after it's done reinstall the current version of the app v4.1.9, if your still stuck search on YouTube for how to update Spark RC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers