Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC Update beeps and stuck on 5%

coconuts

Join
Sep 4, 2017
Brand new Spark out of the box.
Upgraded drone firmware then the app pointed out that RC needs an upgrade too.
Downloaded the upgrade via wi-fi then wi-fi back to RC and start update.
Goes to 5% then just sits there and beeps at me forever.
Unistalled the DJI app, reinstalled, same thing.

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

I have the same problem, brand new, arrived yesterday, tried couple of times ...

Did it from the iPad in the end. Simply wouldn't work from my Android tablet or Samsung Galaxy 6.
Didn't work via Update Assistant from PC either. Remote wasn't even recognized.

****, I imagine the dev team at DJI. Probably a room full of monkeys scratching each other's arses and throwing banana peels around. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

What you mean as "forever", in practice it can be 10 minutes.
I assume you turned the RC off. What happened when you turn it on again ?
When the RC is updated, the Spark should remain off.

Nah it was beeping away for like an hour.
Turned off and back on and asked to restart the process.
From the iPad it did it in like 2 minutes. Just **** software, all it is.

i just tried again. stays at 5% and beeps for 35 minutes, then RC turns off. the app on the phone hangs in "updating firmware".... after restarting app, i turn on RC and connecting to wifi of RC again, same thing again: "New firmware available! Remote Controller 01.00.0400"

Maybe you can try first a downgrade, then upgrade.

Power only the RC, not the Spark.
Connect to Spark-RC-xxxxx.
Launch Go4 app.
The button to connect to Spark should be blue.
In the main screen on top right, there is a 3 bars buttons you probably use to review your flight records. Press it long, up to 10 seconds and release it.
Also be sure that your RC is at least charged at 50% before any up/downgrade.

You should get a screen like that:
01.00.0400 is probably the one you want to upgrade. Maybe try to set back to 01.00.0300 and then redo to 01.00.0400.
2017-09-07 22.26.36.png

What a mad techie quest to be faced with, just to get a £600 product working out of the box. Not a great start...

I just got my new spark combo last night and have the exact same issue. I also have an android (galaxy s8+). Tried uninstalling dji go and starting again, same thing happens. Also tried on an older s7 android phone and tried to go back to an earlier version of firmware and that get to 5% and stalls the same way. So far really not impressed it's crazy that a product ships with out of date firmware in the first place.

This is ridiculous.. I really don't want to root my phone just to fly my drone. DJI better be fixing their app..
Why do you want to root your phone ?
If downgrading/upgrading didn't work, you should uninstall fully the app, clearing data. If you want to keep your flight logs, you should first sync all of them with DJI cloud before deleting data.
Reinstalling the app will also make the new firmware to be downloaded again.
Some said that using an IOS device helped them to finish the update.
Some other said that upgrading step by step 0100 - 0300 - 0400 worked better than 0100 - 0400 directly.
Probably having minimum wifi activity around could be better. The Spark and its RC don't seems to be that clever is selecting the most quit wifi channel and for the RC there is no choice possible.
There is a lot of guessing with these upgrades as normally it should be just straight forward.

Why do you want to root your phone ?
If downgrading/upgrading didn't work, you should uninstall fully the app, clearing data. If you want to keep your flight logs, you should first sync all of them with DJI cloud before deleting data.
Reinstalling the app will also make the new firmware to be downloaded again.
Some said that using an IOS device helped them to finish the update.
Some other said that upgrading step by step 0100 - 0300 - 0400 worked better than 0100 - 0400 directly.
Probably having minimum wifi activity around could be better. The Spark and its RC don't seems to be that clever is selecting the most quit wifi channel and for the RC there is no choice possible.
There is a lot of guessing with these upgrades as normally it should be just straight forward.
I have the same problem, Spark Combo kit. The Spark upgraded no problem, but the RC is stuck on 5%. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7. I tried the suggested fix of downgrading the App on the phone to the previous version but that will not install. So I am stuck until Dgi fix the problem. One would think that with all the Samsung Galaxy S7's in the world someone at Dgi would have tested one before sending out their firmware upgrade.

If anyone has any further suggestions to fix the problem, I am patiently waiting.

I have the same problem, Spark Combo kit. The Spark upgraded no problem, but the RC is stuck on 5%. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7. I tried the suggested fix of downgrading the App on the phone to the previous version but that will not install. So I am stuck until Dgi fix the problem. One would think that with all the Samsung Galaxy S7's in the world someone at Dgi would have tested one before sending out their firmware upgrade.

If anyone has any further suggestions to fix the problem, I am patiently waiting.
Maybe just this: to install an app directly, not through Google Play Store, you need to enable in the phone settings / security / Unknown sources. Don't forget to disable it after you install that specific apk.

Maybe just this: to install an app directly, not through Google Play Store, you need to enable in the phone settings / security / Unknown sources. Don't forget to disable it after you install that specific apk.
Done that, removed the security setting, uninstalled the previous App. The install gets to the stage of confirming what the App wants to have access to and pressing the Install button will not allow the App to install.

I fixed by installing the older version of dji go via apk and update then worked fine so then reinstalled latest version of dji go from Google play afterwards. I did notice though that dji go had a new update on Google play early today, so may be worth trying as this may have resolved this issue who knows

Nope, re-installed App, tried the latest update, RC is bleeping away quite happily and the App is stuck on Upgrade Firmware 5%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef