Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC connection loss

Jboles123

Join
Mar 21, 2018
not even half a mile from home point i lost RC connection... SCARY!!! Had sparky up about 350 ft and had my signal booster on the RC antenas. Really want to go out farther. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Why must you ask why? Thats pretty silly. Do you sit in your back yard and fly yours 30 feet from you? If i have open area thats over a mile why shouldnt i be able to experience the fun and capabilities of my spark. Just sayin

Reactions: Jim Pickett
Why must you ask why? Thats pretty silly. Do you sit in your back yard and fly yours 30 feet from you? If i have open area thats over a mile why shouldnt i be able to experience the fun and capabilities of my spark. Just sayin

What country do you live in?

I agree, WHY? I know that my Spark could fly great distances and heights but I can't afford to take a chance with this investment. And I don't really want to as of yet. When I find some places to fly where I know I have either a good line of sight and clear LOS as far as signal is concerned then I will test my limits a little further. Note that I said "a little".;)

The answer to why is because he wants to? If he knows he lives in a massively open area with no possible damage to humans or property the question is why not? Laws may tell you what you can and can't do but if you are being responsible and know that you can it that far then why wouldn't you?

I have family that owns acres of farm land in the UK but EU law restricts how far i can fly. Will I be breaking that law when i visit my family to put my spark to the test? you bet your *** i will

The answer to why is because he wants to? If he knows he lives in a massively open area with no possible damage to humans or property the question is why not? Laws may tell you what you can and can't do but if you are being responsible and know that you can it that far then why wouldn't you?

I have family that owns acres of farm land in the UK but EU law restricts how far i can fly. Will I be breaking that law when i visit my family to put my spark to the test? you bet your *** i will

Point taken. I don't have the luxury of wide open spaces where I live in the foothills. But I respect others that do have that opportunity. As I live in the US, I have to abide by the laws and I choose to do so. For many reasons. Happy flying.

Point taken. I don't have the luxury of wide open spaces where I live in the foothills. But I respect others that do have that opportunity. As I live in the US, I have to abide by the laws and I choose to do so. For many reasons. Happy flying.

Personally I live in London and won't be taking mine out far at all until I can get to my cousins or unpopulated area. also i'm a newbie so very scared to fly it far.

I understand wanting to abide by the laws but are you telling me when you drive you never go over the speed limit? everyone breaks laws in 1 way or another when it comes to flying a drone I think as long as you know your area and capabilities you are fine flying further then the law allows. That being said knowing your area and still flying over a populated town is definitely a no no

it all comes down to just not being stupid.

Reactions: graywoulf
I totally agree with the not being stupid part. I too am a newbie Spark owner. Not taking chances... yet.:D

I totally agree with the not being stupid part. I too am a newbie Spark owner. Not taking chances... yet.:D

Scary isn't it! after taking mine off beginner mode the other day i flew it about 60 meters high before the connection went and it started to fly back to home glad it worked flawlessly but I was terrified it might fly away or something!

Scary isn't it! after taking mine off beginner mode the other day i flew it about 60 meters high before the connection went and it started to fly back to home glad it worked flawlessly but I was terrified it might fly away or something!
Yes, that would be a scary experience. The first time I flew my Spark here at home, I was hovering at about 10 feet and hit the RTH button not remembering that I had set the RTH altitude at 30 meters. The Spark started climbing and I panicked for a moment or two before realizing what was happening. But it did just like it was supposed to and it landed safely. I know that the more I fly it the better my confidence level in the Spark and myself will be.

Yes, that would be a scary experience. The first time I flew my Spark here at home, I was hovering at about 10 feet and hit the RTH button not remembering that I had set the RTH altitude at 30 meters. The Spark started climbing and I panicked for a moment or two before realizing what was happening. But it did just like it was supposed to and it landed safely. I know that the more I fly it the better my confidence level in the Spark and myself will be.

Ah yeah I've set mine to 50 meters just because where i might fly there are trees and id rather it try and go higher then hit a tree

Ah yeah I've set mine to 50 meters just because where i might fly there are trees and id rather it try and go higher then hit a tree
I did the same thing last weekend. I also realized that I have to be aware of the fact that the Spark does not have any type of terrain following capabilities. I was flying in an area with hilly terrain. I wish that the Spark had a way of compensating for the difference but it does not. So keep that in mind as you are flying low.

Supposed to keep it in line of sight.. duh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Daft question for you-

You don’t wear a smart watch, do you?
I’ve found my Apple Watch interferes something rotten with my rc. I have to put the watch in airplane mode every time I fly.

I did some low flying today... I actually feel more confident when i up high.... have been pushing the limits a little too... but flying low, you really have to be conscious of the elevation of the terrain below you. My place it changes a lot from front to back, and some dips and hills inbetween. I got braver today and got some distance over some of my fields with barely 3 meters below me!

Daft question for you-

You don’t wear a smart watch, do you?
I’ve found my Apple Watch interferes something rotten with my rc. I have to put the watch in airplane mode every time I fly.

Definitely turn off bluetooth.... I always fly in airplane mode with the RC and OTG. If for folks who dont have the remote, then of course you still need wifi, but I would suggest only wifi, no cell data, no BT. And if you have to do a calibration of the IMU or Compass, make sure no electronics are anwhere near by except your smart phone, and I would still park it 15 feet away, and run back and forth for the instructions. (no metal either, not even your belt buckle!)

Reactions: Sparkzup

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit