Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Range Test 1.5 miles out.(16,111 ft)

Visiting a friend , testing the sparks range with 3 kings signal booster. Got a mile and a half out before I turned back.
You came close! 7920 feet = 1.5 miles! Next time use the compass (in the lower left corner) instead of the map. It has a little white triangle that shows signal direction. You can look at it, and line the little white triangle up with the Spark (red triangle). This directs your signal to be inline with the Spark,when it's out of sight. It makes a big diffrence!:) Great flight! I haven't made it that far with the Spark,yet!IMG_0064.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: ZPFunk
Thank you. Yes, its actually 1.48... i took the liberty of rounding up lol Also I flew that way to catch the wind on my way back home. I know all about the compass. Youll notice how off the RTH was before I took over, I always let the RTH kick in on range tests to avoid that urge to keep on pushing. The breeze was blowing pretty strong to the N/E, so I kept its heading pointed more to the north so I could get the extra push and hook it back around with it more at my tail as I brought it on in. Wasnt my first flight out that way so I wasnt even looking at the map. Youll notice how much battery life I had left when I landed as a result.

Reactions: koffe
Thank you. Yes, its actually 1.48... i took the liberty of rounding up lol Also I flew that way to catch the wind on my way back home. I know all about the compass. Youll notice how off the RTH was before I took over, I always let the RTH kick in on range tests to avoid that urge to keep on pushing. The breeze was blowing pretty strong to the N/E, so I kept its heading pointed more to the north so I could get the extra push and hook it back around with it more at my tail as I brought it on in. Wasnt my first flight out that way so I wasnt even looking at the map. Youll notice how much battery life I had left when I landed as a result.
Yeah,it was a good flight, and always have a tail wind on RTH flight.I got a set of sunny life parabolic boosters, but haven't had a chance to try them out on a long range flight. They do help in High WiFi traffic areas in town though I hope they give me enough to reach the 1.5 mile distance.

Hello folks. These are the numbers I got flying my girlfriends Spark. I also own a Mavic Platinum and A Mavic Air. The $10 parabolic filters are probably the best bang for your buck. I have tried both ARGtek antennas 2.4 and 5.8 in addition to the Titan switch amplified directional and amplified whips. From a realistic use perspective, I will probably never operate my Spark or Mavic Air that far out and there have been very few instances where I operate my Mavic Platinum between 10k and 12k feet out in the RedRock mountains. That said, it is very beneficial to know your limits in your respective area.CE44AF65-E763-4863-8270-9295EA3C2AD7.jpeg

Yeah,it was a good flight, and always have a tail wind on RTH flight.I got a set of sunny life parabolic boosters, but haven't had a chance to try them out on a long range flight. They do help in High WiFi traffic areas in town though I hope they give me enough to reach the 1.5 mile distance.
So true

By the way, I was flying with Samsung Galaxy S7 over OTG connection to my RC with ThreeKings Signal booster on DJI Version 4.1.15(ahem...Im having technical trouble updating it to the newest version of the Go4 App)

Visiting a friend , testing the sparks range with 3 kings signal booster. Got a mile and a half out before I turned back.
So I noticed a couple of things.. When you took off from a balcony it registered 6 ft in height. Does the spark always record height from where you take off from? I have all flat terrain so I have some questions. I will be flying from a mountain top and terrain will all be lower than take off point, does spark record the difference in altitude from take off such that it will show negative height? Also if rth is a 20 meters if the spark flight has brought it down a mountain slope will the RTH still bring it above the mountain top? Also how did you change the font in your screen display? I like it. Also I saw you were able to change your camera settings while still recording, I dont think I can do that, I have to stop recording and than do it. Nice flight...,.

AFAIK the spark will base its Distance mesurements on the point of take-off, thats why I set my max altitude below 400ft. I could have set it even lower, but I wanted to be sure I could clear the hills opposite my starting point. It will indeed go negative, and dont quote me on this but I believe the RTH altitude will be relative to our launch altitude. I actually changed the defult font on my Galaxy S7 to the one you see in the video, and that transfers over to any of the applications which access the devices native fonts(in this case DJI GO4). I hadnt even noticed that lol. As far as the camera settings go, you should def be able to control them during flight, but if you are unable to do so, we might need to take a poll and see if the same is true for other pilots.

my god, my furthest flight was not even 1000'...
We have vast open areas where we fly, the Long Range flights that evolved from our group flying. We fly at Low altitude, (200AGL) or lower over the areas we use. There are "emergency" landing points along the flight path so in the event that we can't make it back, we just pick a known spot to land in.The only risk is the loss of a drone. This flight was recorded with my Inspire1.IMG_0065.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0065.PNG
    IMG_0065.PNG
    6.8 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Wow, so true, I had an emergency landing spot planned out as well in a clearing behind my friends mothers house not too far from where i took off about the halfway point... that is crucial in reducing the risks. Have you uploaded any vids, I like watching range vids.

Wow, so true, I had an emergency landing spot planned out as well in a clearing behind my friends mothers house not too far from where i took off about the halfway point... that is crucial in reducing the risks. Have you uploaded any vids, I like watching range vids.
Here's the 14,000 foot flight of the Inspire.

Reactions: Ben Chapman
Folks, on your long flights, when planning for any emergency landing, say if out of battery or wanting to leave it ahead and drive to it for more flying, what is your procedure? I think you have these options: 1. At the far distance set the drone's current position as a new home point and land there. 2. Set the drone to hover when signal is lost, where it will hover until battery is exhausted and land at that spot. 3. Lower until signal is almost lost and shut down engines for an actual drop or crash, hopefully into soft grass. I know you can not just pick a spot and land without resetting the RTH as it will rise when signal is lost and head back to the original RTH point, with or without enough battery to make it.

10,083ft
full

I found a video of a guy who flew over 18,000 feet with his Spark. That's gotta be the furthest I have seen so far. In the video I noticed that the antenna was a prototype so I went on the manufacturers website and I found the finished product for sale. I just bought a spark and I am seriously thinking of buying one of these antennas. Anyone try this antenna yet? Here is the link: Uav And Drone Antennas | United States | ITELITE ANTENNAS Inc.

I have this antenna (itelite sniper) for now I was 3200m to 120m high, if you want to see a record, an English is over 6000m!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex