Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Question about FAA registration with multiple craft

GearHead83

Join
Mar 8, 2018
I recently just returned the Spark I originally bought because there was a steep discount offered about a week after purchase so I decided to buy the Spark again with the new pricing and return the old. I had previously registered the Spark I returned so it got me thinking, do I need to still register the new one? You would think you'd have to but I found this answer in the FAQs section of federaldroneregistration.com:

thing.PNG

It seems like they would want me to register again with the new serial number however the above answer makes it seem like I do not. Can anyone clarify this point? Cheers!

You’re referring to two types of registrations. One for flying a drone and the other, registering a purchase with the manufacturer.

You only need to register with the ladder. With the manufacturer. You will end up with 2 different numbers registered with DJI, and 2 drones with the same flight registration with the FAA.

You only need to register with the ladder. With the manufacturer. You will end up with 2 different numbers registered with DJI, and 2 drones with the same flight registration with the FAA.
Much appreciated!

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
It seems like they would want me to register again with the new serial number however the above answer makes it seem like I do not. Can anyone clarify this point?
You only need to register with a specific drone serial number if you're flying commercially. A serial number is not required when registering as a hobbyist.

Reactions: GearHead83

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme