Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Problem with Android - Image transmission signal is too weak

antoine_g

Join
Jan 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've recently switched my smartphone from an iPhone 7 to an One Plus 5T. All works very well, a great phone except for the DJI Spark.
Before my switch, I've never had any problem. The DJI Spark works very well with an iPhone or an iPad.

Yesterday, first fly with my One Plus 5T and the RC controller and after few meters, I've seen this message on the DJI app "Image transmission signal is too weak - Please adjust the antenna". I first thought of a problem with the place, maybe interference. So I decided to start again in another place and same message. A problem with my One Plus 5T… ? (Please see attached files).

Today, new drone session with 4 devices : iPhone 7, iPad Air 2, One Plus 5T and Honor 9. The result is very simple. In the same place, with same configuration of the antenna and RC controller : everything works well with iPhone/iPad but I've had again same message on Android devices after about 80 meters.

For your information :

- I've done an update yesterday of the DJI Spark and batteries.
- I've used the last version of DJI GO 4 on Android and iOS.
- When I use the RC controller, antennas are like the picture attached when the DJI Spark is in front of me (with a small angle to aim the drone)
- I've used auto configuration for the Wi-Fi (5,8 Ghz).

I'me little disapointed because I want to move on Android but in this conditions, it may be difficult… If someone have an idea, it'll be great
Thanks a lot.

Antoine.

Attachments

• IMG_20180128_155244.jpg
    IMG_20180128_155244.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20180128-161100.jpg
    Screenshot_20180128-161100.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: alex_hidrobo
Go for the modded app or switch to FCC mode. Transmission was fine with OTG in earlier versions. The latest DJI GO app is mostly unusable due to transmission issues.

Hi everyone,

I've recently switched my smartphone from an iPhone 7 to an One Plus 5T. All works very well, a great phone except for the DJI Spark.
Before my switch, I've never had any problem. The DJI Spark works very well with an iPhone or an iPad.

Yesterday, first fly with my One Plus 5T and the RC controller and after few meters, I've seen this message on the DJI app "Image transmission signal is too weak - Please adjust the antenna". I first thought of a problem with the place, maybe interference. So I decided to start again in another place and same message. A problem with my One Plus 5T… ? (Please see attached files).

Today, new drone session with 4 devices : iPhone 7, iPad Air 2, One Plus 5T and Honor 9. The result is very simple. In the same place, with same configuration of the antenna and RC controller : everything works well with iPhone/iPad but I've had again same message on Android devices after about 80 meters.

For your information :

- I've done an update yesterday of the DJI Spark and batteries.
- I've used the last version of DJI GO 4 on Android and iOS.
- When I use the RC controller, antennas are like the picture attached when the DJI Spark is in front of me (with a small angle to aim the drone)
- I've used auto configuration for the Wi-Fi (5,8 Ghz).

I'me little disapointed because I want to move on Android but in this conditions, it may be difficult… If someone have an idea, it'll be great
Thanks a lot.

Antoine.
I would say that is an error (pain is behind bit not end of world). It should dissapear and you continue as normal. I get false messages like that on my Android. In my case it just a flaw in digital talk between my Android and the RC/app.

I will receive those messages on about 150m then 200 odd and then again at 300 odd meters. After that it gone for good.

I also reverted back to 4.1.8 and that seemed to take away all those transmission warnings. So must be the latests versions giving you all the grieve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme