Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Privacy Mode yet?

Spark4Me

Join
Aug 3, 2017
I’ve read that DJI is going to get a “private mode” that allows flights without any connection to DJI severs. Is that available yet for the Spark?

I just got a new Spark Fly More Combo, still in the box. Do I have to activate it before flying? What exactly happens when I do that, and what do I have to enter? I’ve already created a DJI account.

This paragraph was taken from wetalkuav.com

....DJI officially launched a privacy mode known as Local Data Mode for CrystalSky users and select Android tablets. This new mode restricts internet traffic and keeps all of the flight data secure. This enhanced privacy feature will be available in the next firmware update for the DJI Pilot app only. Professionals who owns drones like the Matrice 200 can take advantage of this mode, but consumer drone operators who use the DJI Go 4 app will still have to wait longer before Local Data Mode becomes available on iOS devices.

Reactions: Kilrah
Sorry for a dumb question, but does this implying that my flight data is uploaded to DJI after flights. Right now I use a dedicated tablet that I don't connect to the internet. What happens with that ?

Will this privacy mod help people outside US to get ride of FCC and CE thing. ? Or not related !

This paragraph was taken from wetalkuav.com
but consumer drone operators who use the DJI Go 4 app will still have to wait longer before Local Data Mode becomes available on iOS devices.

Why am I not surprised. Trying to get detailed info about how DJI treats your data is like pulling teeth. Even when they do get LDM out, it should be interesting to see how they do it. The documents DJI includes on their web site relative to privacy have loopholes big enough to drive a truck through.

Secure data systems start with security in mind, which DJI obviously did not do. It was good to see that the Army grounded them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers