Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Post here if you are in Canada

Just heard that the wife was planning to get me a spark for my birthday... so now I am really pumped! I had a flyaway a little while back with a cheapie toy, and was disheartened.... we have limited budget, so I had sort of ruled out the Spark idea... I somehow spoiled her surprised, but I am still really stoked! May is just around the corner. :):):) I alternate between the North Bay area and Oakville Ontario, so looks like I might find a few of you eventually for a meet up. Cheers

Curious, where do you go to fly? So many aerodromes around the GTA
Not really that many. A few helipads, otherwise Pearson actually keeps general aviation away. In the case of Oakville, most of that city is clear to fly, excepting local bylaws.

Note that if you keep your flights below 90m as recommended by Transport Canada, you should have a minimum 30m separation between you and any aircraft, including helicopters, which fly over.

Not really that many. A few helipads, otherwise Pearson actually keeps general aviation away. In the case of Oakville, most of that city is clear to fly, excepting local bylaws.

Note that if you keep your flights below 90m as recommended by Transport Canada, you should have a minimum 30m separation between you and any aircraft, including helicopters, which fly over.

Ya, got the rules (no longer recommendations) down.... but as it is heavily populated, you simply cannot fly many places. At least the rules are an improvement over the first set of rules last year. Judging by the following rule-set I would suggest Oakville is pretty much no-fly. :(
( source is https://canada.ca/drone-safety )

Only fly....
    • below 90 m above the ground
    • at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs over 250 g and up to 1 kg)
    • at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs over 1 kg and up to 35 kg)
    • at least 5.5 km away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base or area where aircraft take off and land)
    • at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
    • outside of controlled or restricted airspace
    • at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area
    • away from areas where its use could interfere with police or first responders
    • during the day and not in clouds
    • within your sight at all times
    • within 500 m of yourself

Just sayin' ;) I have been checking AirMap, UAV Forecast apps, they tell a fair deal about your locale. (Android and iOS)

Vancouver, BC here! Just ordered the Spark on Friday... I should be getting it in the next few days. So glad I went with the Spark; the drone plus the free controller, the portable power pack with the 2 extra batteries, and the DJI hard case WITH TAX = less than half of what I would have to pay for the Mavic Air combo! Not bad for my first drone!

p.s. hit me up if you’re in Vancouver and would like to fly sometime! I’m down to meet some fellow Spark owners!

Vancouver, BC here! Just ordered the Spark on Friday...

p.s. hit me up if you’re in Vancouver and would like to fly sometime! I’m down to meet some fellow Spark owners!
I’m in White Rock, if you ever come down this way, I have a few good spots.

Reactions: jcrew78
I’m in White Rock, if you ever come down this way, I have a few good spots.
Oh awesome! I’ll be around Guildford this weekend; I might just make it down to White Rock if the weather is great! Will let you know!

Jealous of that view...

Ya totally. Living in Ontario pales by comparison. I lived in Vancouver for 18 months and its so easy to pop into the car, and in an hour you are in that scenery. Awesome picture.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Owen Sound Ontario here. Just picked up a Spark two weeks ago in an online auction. Gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with this thing. Extra battery and RC ordered!

Regards,

Willard.

Well well well.... they surprised me a week early. Its also our eldest son's birthday today, so they all drove in from all over the place and we had a big family dual birthday. For me, its a Red Spark Fly More Combo! :p Batteries all charged up now, will do the all the activation and firmware tomorrow, too much to drink this evening! Ooh! Going to take it really slow. **** I love my family:cool:

Hello everyone,

I am in Canada and willing to sell spark urgently, if anyone you guys know who needs Spark please let me know at the earliest

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme