Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Poor range

When you get further away be sure you go up in height. WiFi is more of a line-of-sight signal. Obstacles will weaken your signal. Also, as someone else suggested, keep your controller pointed toward the location of the drone. The signal is sensitive and needs to be "tuned" to the antennas. You will find your connection varies depending on how you point yourself and the controller toward the drone when it gets further away.

I had something like that except mine would not go up over 100ft an around 280 out I've had this thing over 2000 ft away now it's at (DJI Support) getting a new board I'm lucky dji say it's there fault. An that I'm
steel under warranty so they are fixing it for free. other wise it would b $227.00 American dollars for a new mother board

Well, took it out today and flew 580 ft with a building between me and my Spark. I still had good signal. I guess all is good.

What did you do to correct the problem?
I didn't do anything. I flew at a different location. There is one thing though. My grand daughter was flying a Bugs3 drone near me when I lost communication. Could that cause interference? It has 2.4ghz communication with its remote.

I didn't do anything. I flew at a different location. There is one thing though. My grand daughter was flying a Bugs3 drone near me when I lost communication. Could that cause interference? It has 2.4ghz communication with its remote.
Highly possible. Flying drone of same type is usually ok if number is reasonable (2-3), could require to manually select the channel. With cheap they could not respect all norms for radio transmission and create disturbance to others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers