Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Polar Pro filter adjustment on the Spark

Pete H.

Join
Dec 1, 2017
I recently purchased filters for my Spark; a set of three filters with combined neutral density and polarization: "Polar Pro DJI Spark Cinema Vivid Filter 3-Pack (ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL"

For the correct polarization effect you need to turn the filter in its holder while attached to the Spark camera. I do not know how to do that right: turn the filter in a direction you want to film while looking at the Go-4-app trying to get a properly exposed picture? It doesn't work for me!

Has anyone experience with this type of filter? If so, please tell me how you adjust these filters!

Regards from The Netherlands, Pete H.

Polarizing filters only really work on a bright sunny day.
So when using a polarizing filter if you turn the filter the live image will go from normal to a darker image.
The darker image will have the effect of reducing the reflection on water or enable you to cut out the glare on a car windscreen for example it will also make the sky a deeper blue on a sunny day.
This will only work as long as you keep the sun in the same position eg, behind you.
You might have to adjust the exposure to compensate.

Last edited:
Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Polarizing filters only really work on a bright sunny day.
So when using a polarizing filter if you turn the filter the live image will go from normal to a darker image.
The darker image will have the effect of reducing the reflection on water or enable you to cut out the glare on a car windscreen for example it will also make the sky a deeper blue on a sunny day.
This will only work as long as you keep the sun in the same position eg, behind you.
You might have to adjust the exposure to compensate.

Johnny, thanks for your reply.
Basically, I know what you are saying, but my problem is that turning the filter forces me to use two fingers as they don't turn that easily.
Using two fingers obscures the lens and hence, I can't see the results on the phone in the RC .....
Regards, Pete H.

Johnny, thanks for your reply.
Basically, I know what you are saying, but my problem is that turning the filter forces me to use two fingers as they don't turn that easily.
Using two fingers obscures the lens and hence, I can't see the results on the phone in the RC .....
Regards, Pete H.
Pete,
I have the same problem and with my old eyes I just can't see any difference on my iPad even when using a hood. What I did to solve the issue the best I could was to setup the camera with the correct exposure and on a bright sunny day I took the Spark off, faced it away from the sun and took a picture then rotated the filter 1/4 turn, took another picture, etc then look at each picture on my computer monitor and rotated the filter to the position that I got the best results from. I know this isn't perfect and is very time consuming to do each filter that way but it was the only way I could figure out how to do it. After I found the sweet spot for each filter (or as close as I could get to it) I marked the top of it on the brass ring with a permanent marker. I sure wish polarpro had done this for us in the manufacturing process as it would have made life a lot easier for us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit